2018 rally

Discuss you plans for your trip and meet up's here. Have a question, ask it here. Keep all posts and topics specific for the this form only!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Neal
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager, 2002 Voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

2018 rally

Post by Neal »

Who's got the info? ? ? ? :-O
Dealer for all Air Rider products, and Nolan helmets and headsets.
the2knights
Board Member
Board Member
Current bike(s): Current 1999 Voyager XII 1993 Voyager XII 2005 Harley Road King
Past 86 Voyager XII Honda SilverWing Honda CB900Custom Suzuki GS1000 Yamaha 80
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2018 rally

Post by the2knights »

Kerville, TX
cranky
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2003 Voyager
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by cranky »

HOLY FARGLESNOT!!!!!!! You're gonna have a rally on the left
side'a the country!!!!?????? I'll be there!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
'03 Voyager - http://tinyurl.com/mqtgpwp VROC pics of Gina
Cranky - Bill Snodgrass AVA # 6544. VROC # 16804
Cranked >128K miles, Mtn bike-no motor!!!
San Jose, KalEfornYa
Bill O
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1994 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager TriKing Trike
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Bill O »

When did Texas become "the left side of the country"? Looks to be more of the Center.

Bill O
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
1994 Voyager
2003 Voyager
2003 Voyager TriKing Trike

Nevada Patriot Guard Rider
cranky
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2003 Voyager
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by cranky »

... OK, after Indiana and being Left of the Mississippi.... I'll take what I can get!!! GBG
'03 Voyager - http://tinyurl.com/mqtgpwp VROC pics of Gina
Cranky - Bill Snodgrass AVA # 6544. VROC # 16804
Cranked >128K miles, Mtn bike-no motor!!!
San Jose, KalEfornYa
voyager55
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2003 1200
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by voyager55 »

Texas at the end of June? :hot:
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 217 times

Post by Me Again »

If it to hot to ride you can always visit with all the great people while in an air conditioned hotel.
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
Dave
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): BMW R1250GS
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave »

voyager55 wrote:Texas at the end of June? :hot:
Well, the typical weather for Kerrville at that time of the year is likely to be more pleasant than at the DeGray Lake rally in Arkansas a few years ago. I was at the Concours Owners Group (COG) rally in Lake Ozark MO the week before the AVA rally in Indiana. The combination of heat and humidity (65% relative humidity) almost made me wish I was back in Texas.
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

I am not complaining as this might be the only rally I can attend. I could kick myself in the butt for not making arrangements and attended the one in Arkansas. :gmad:
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
Highway Rider
Webmaster
Webmaster
Current bike(s): 2003 ZG1200 Voyager
2006 VN900
1978 KZ650 D1 SR
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Highway Rider »

well when talking about rally weather these are what I remember from the ones that I attended

2009 Santa Fe New Mexico Hot 100+ during travel there. 90's when there but it was not humid
2008 Ellicottville New York did not attend --weather ?
2011 De Gray Lake Arkansas Hot and humid in the 90's and vary humid
2012 Kanab Utah Warm but not bad from what I remember 90's but not humid
2013 Logan Ohio Did not attend but have heard a lot of rain and stormy weather
2014 Asheville North Carolina Great Weather
2015 Estes Park Colorado Great Weather
2016 Hurley Wisconsin Great Weather
2017 Nashville Indiana Great Weather, temps were great and when and if it showered it held off till evening until Friday, not sure what it did there then but I had minimal rain on my travels home

So we have had good weather for the last 4 rally's which is not bad :woohoo: :perfect10: . If Kerrville is on the warm side; that to me would be more tolerable the rain any day.
Webmaster
Jim & Karol
2003 Voyager XII
IBA #57976
IBA 1500 miles in 24 hours
IBA 1500 miles in 36 hours
IBA 1000 miles in 24 hours
It's not the destination, It's the ride
Dave
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): BMW R1250GS
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave »

Mr Jensee wrote:I am not complaining as this might be the only rally I can attend. I could kick myself in the butt for not making arrangements and attended the one in Arkansas. :gmad:
If you're coming from Louisiana, I don't think the weather in Kerrville will bother you.
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Home Phone disconnected.

Post by Mr Jensee »

It isn't the weather that concerns me. I need to make arrangements to find an opening at a dialysis unit in Kerrville, along with everything else I have arrange. For one I have to get a trailer hitch installed on my car since the one I had died with the Sonata in the February crash. A lot to do before the next rally.
trikebldr
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): '82 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre
'82 Kawasaki KZ1100D Spectre
'84 Kawasaki Voyager 1300 with
'79 Vetter Terraplane sidecar
'85 Kawasaki Voyager 1300
2001 Kawasaki ZG1200 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Post by trikebldr »

Mr Jensee wrote:It isn't the weather that concerns me. I need to make arrangements to find an opening at a dialysis unit in Kerrville, along with everything else I have arrange. For one I have to get a trailer hitch installed on my car since the one I had died with the Sonata in the February crash. A lot to do before the next rally.
You sound like me, Mike! I have had to miss the last two rallies simply because I couldn't find a cardiologist close enough to the rally sites who would accept my case. My local card won't approve me going more than about 45 minutes away without another one willing to be available to take me. He keeps me on a short leash! I have family in Texas, so I might go down for a visit and go visit the local VA to talk to their Cardio dept. I might just go in spite of what they say. Would drive my truck and trailer my sidecar rig so Cindy could drive me home if needed.

We're just a couple of old decrepit geezers, aren't we? But, I sure do know how you feel about finding a dialysis unit. VERY important!
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Home Phone disconnected.

Post by Mr Jensee »

Yes I guess we are. I was doing fine, always had bad kidneys but they worked fine up until the fall of 2013. When they wouldn't let me go back to work on my platform I knew things were about to get worse. It did. I worked (loose term) more like hung out at the company office for a few months while my nephrologist was preparing me for dialysis or nothing. At first I chose nothing. I didn't want to live on a machine. Not after transporting dialysis patients back and forth for treatment for 20 years. I knew it was no life. However my daughter finally convinced me to try it for a couple of years and see. I capitulated and started dialysis in the summer of 2015. I now wish for all those vacations back I should have taken. Right after I started dialysis I couldn't sleep one night and realized from the symptoms that I was having a heart attack. My dad died of a heart attack in his sleep in 2005 so I wasted no time in waking up my wife and had her drive me to the hospital. Within an hour I was in the cath lab having stints put in. No heart damage but now on more expensive meds. If you saw all the meds I take every day it would shock you. Anyway to make a long boring story short, I could attend provided I made preparations far enough in advance to guarantee a chair at a local dialysis unit in Kerrville. There are two there. I can guarantee you in this heat I would not be able to ride the distance on the bike. If I can trailer it there I could enjoy the week and still go home in a car rested. My wife has expressed a desire to come. She and I haven't had a vacation since the fall of 2014 when I thought it would be my last one. We are going to have to juggle some expenses but I think it is doable. I miss riding in Arkansas and the Hill Country with friends. It would be great to create memories with a load of new ones.
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 217 times

Post by Me Again »

Mr Jensee wrote:Yes I guess we are. I was doing fine, always had bad kidneys but they worked fine up until the fall of 2013. When they wouldn't let me go back to work on my platform I knew things were about to get worse. It did. I worked (loose term) more like hung out at the company office for a few months while my nephrologist was preparing me for dialysis or nothing. At first I chose nothing. I didn't want to live on a machine. Not after transporting dialysis patients back and forth for treatment for 20 years. I knew it was no life. However my daughter finally convinced me to try it for a couple of years and see. I capitulated and started dialysis in the summer of 2015. I now wish for all those vacations back I should have taken. Right after I started dialysis I couldn't sleep one night and realized from the symptoms that I was having a heart attack. My dad died of a heart attack in his sleep in 2005 so I wasted no time in waking up my wife and had her drive me to the hospital. Within an hour I was in the cath lab having stints put in. No heart damage but now on more expensive meds. If you saw all the meds I take every day it would shock you. Anyway to make a long boring story short, I could attend provided I made preparations far enough in advance to guarantee a chair at a local dialysis unit in Kerrville. There are two there. I can guarantee you in this heat I would not be able to ride the distance on the bike. If I can trailer it there I could enjoy the week and still go home in a car rested. My wife has expressed a desire to come. She and I haven't had a vacation since the fall of 2014 when I thought it would be my last one. We are going to have to juggle some expenses but I think it is doable. I miss riding in Arkansas and the Hill Country with friends. It would be great to create memories with a load of new ones.
Mike (Mr Emergency )
This is not a long boring story .This is an update I have been looking forward to for 2 years .
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Home Phone disconnected.

Post by Mr Jensee »

Well I have some good news. I booked a room for my wife and I at the Y.O. Ranch for the dates of the rally. I found out from my dialysis people that only had to give them a couple weeks notice for them to book an opening at a dialysis unit in Kerrville. I plan to do an early dialysis treatment that Monday and leave for Kerrville. I figured at most an 8 hour drive. Let me know if there is anything I would miss during the day Monday so I can rearrange my schedule to arrive Sunday instead. The only dialysis I will have to do is Wednesday so I hope I don't miss any good stuff for the 4 hours I have to be there. Next week I go order me a new hitch and wiring for my new to me car. Then I will have the same people who installed the hitch on my Sonata do the install. I am actually getting a little excited. Hope to see you all there God willing.

Return to “29th Annual AVA Rally Kerrville Tx. June 25-28 2018”