electric scooter trailer

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Roadrunner
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2003 Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

electric scooter trailer

Post by Roadrunner »

I love to ride. I am having trouble with my legs . I can rid ok but I can only walk about a block before I have to stop and rest. It takes a lot of time to get any where. I have an electric shooter and am looking for a trailer to tow behind my bike. Anyone know of any I could get? It would help me enjoy my Voyager XII a lot more. thanx
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Re: electric scooter trailer

Post by debron »

Fred,

Are you looking for a trailer to tow behind your scooter, or a trailer to tow behind your XII to haul your scooter?
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
SgtSlag
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1993 Voyager XII (2010)
(2006-2012: 1979 Honda CB750K)
(2008-2010: 1983 Kawasaki 440LTD, belt drive)
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 216 times

Post by SgtSlag »

Fred, take a look at some of the entries prior to yours, on this forum for trailers. There is a lengthy discussion about the Harbor Freight trailers, which require some additional work, such as a piece of plywood be put on top of the metal frame, as well as some type of carrier box (you wouldn't need this, though, to haul your scooter). I'd suggest you visit your local HF store, and ask questions, look it over for tie-down's, etc. Also, get the model with 12" wheels, and replace them with radials, as per the previous discussions about it. Make sure you figure out how you will load/unload your scooter, before you pull the trigger on any trailer... Cheers!
SgtSlag

1993 Voyager XII
Roadrunner
Streetster
Streetster

Post by Roadrunner »

I need a trailer to tow behind my Voyager XII. The one you mentioned has a deck hight of 24 in. I need one about 12/15 in. Has anyone know of one?
Roadrunner
Streetster
Streetster

Post by Roadrunner »

I found a source for a trailer. wheelchairtrailersusa.com if this will help anyone
doug of so fla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 07 gold wing
Been liked: 1 time

Post by doug of so fla »

On the "GL1800RIDERS" msg board is a trailer that looks like a mini horse trailer with a back door that is made for MC's to haul their pet's. A company makes these and it may be just what you are looking for. I am going riding now but will try to post the link when I get back this afternoon. here is the link.. http://albany.craigslist.org/mpo/4318655980.html
doug of no fla

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”