Harbor Freight 90153 Trailer Replacement Wheel Bearings

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

ghostler
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII, 1971 Honda CB100
Asphalt, the final frontier; these are the treks of the Kawasaki Voyager; its continuing mission to explore strange new roads, to seek out new sites, new bed & breakfasts, to boldly ride where no one has ridden before.
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Harbor Freight 90153 Trailer Replacement Wheel Bearings

Post by ghostler »

After a maiden trip of 436 round trip miles, I noticed several ribbons of grease on the inside wheel rim of the right side trailer tire of my HF #90153 kit trailer. This is the one with 48" x 42" trailer bed and 12" wheels. Looks like I have a faulty inside bearing axle seal on the right.

I jacked the right side up, there is a clicking noise coming from the wheel bearing assembly area. Left side has no clicking sound.

Once I tear things apart, will get a better look. I'm thinking it may be time for me to consider going to brand name bearing and canning the Chinese ones. I read in one of the on-line forums that these trailers don't use standard sizes that trailer stores normally sell.

Does anyone have dibs onto what size and make of bearings I ought to get, and where to get them?
George Hostler
Clovis, NM, US

Christian Motorcycle Association
Salvation Army Motorcycle Ministry, Western Territory
http://tsammcentral.org/
2001 Kawasaki ZG1200 Voyager XII
1971 Honda CB100
823JIM
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2003 Honda Goldwing
2002 Kawasaki Voyager XII (SOLD)
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Harbor Freight 90153 Trailer Replacement Wheel Bearings

Post by 823JIM »

Friends don't let friends do stupid stuff (alone)
Jim King

650 Kaw "Glory Days"
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Harbor Freight 90153 Trailer Replacement Wheel Bearings

Post by hank43 »

ghostler wrote:After a maiden trip of 436 round trip miles, I noticed several ribbons of grease on the inside wheel rim of the right side trailer tire of my HF #90153 kit trailer. This is the one with 48" x 42" trailer bed and 12" wheels. Looks like I have a faulty inside bearing axle seal on the right.

I jacked the right side up, there is a clicking noise coming from the wheel bearing assembly area. Left side has no clicking sound.

Once I tear things apart, will get a better look. I'm thinking it may be time for me to consider going to brand name bearing and canning the Chinese ones. I read in one of the on-line forums that these trailers don't use standard sizes that trailer stores normally sell.

Does anyone have dibs onto what size and make of bearings I ought to get, and where to get them?

Mic them and contact this company:

https://www.motionindustries.com/taxono ... /browse/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's a bearing, these folks have it! Right behind where I work.

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”