Trike kit

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

dwhite815
Current bike(s): 2010 Kawasaki Vpysger 1700
1985 Gold Wing ,voyager trike
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Trike kit

Post by dwhite815 »

I am new to my 2010 voyager up from a 750 honda.
800 lbs is a bit heavy for my 80 year old body.
Quit huging the tank may help my thighs feel better
I ride city streets most of the time.
I enjoy all the posts,your feelings on a trike kit?
I also have a gold wing with a trike kit only 1200 c.c.
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Trike kit

Post by hank43 »

I went from a 750-4 to a 1100 Shadow to a 2009 Voyager 1700. The 1700 we had triked by Champion in 2011, wife and I always ride 2 up and have never regretted the addition of the trike kit. We DID try a bolt on trike kit from a company called Voyager, could not deal with the idea of 4 wheels, one in the middle!

The Champion trike kit fits us very well, we did tour the factory since we live in California, and had custom made Corbin seats and seat back made, again, at the factory here in California..See avatar at right. We have won several plaques thru AVA for the way this bike looks, and covers the long distances.

Your bike is a 2010, I would recommend you have it Ivanized (ECU Re flash) which will greatly improve the performance, and maybe help out with the mileage too. On our last long distance ride from California to Hurley, WI, we averaged overall 31+ MPG. We stow our luggage on a trailer hitch tray, 2 small airline suitcases from Costco, store our laundry and rain gear in the trunk. Wife keeps laptop and I keep my Ham Radio in the top box. When we travel, we weigh about 1300-1400 lbs, no problem hauling that weight.

1700 Voyager is great bike for long distance, we just set the speed control lean back on the backrest, prop my feet up on the hiway pegs, and just cruise.

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
dwhite815
Current bike(s): 2010 Kawasaki Vpysger 1700
1985 Gold Wing ,voyager trike

Post by dwhite815 »

Ordered leg up kit from landing gear.com. Mostly city riding here,12 months a year.
Thanks.
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

I salute you sir. 80 years young and able to man handle an 800 lb. motorcycle. I hope you can get your bike triked. I know the cost is enormous but maybe you can sell the 1200 Honda to help pay for it. I am 65 and most days feel like I am 80. Motorcycling is the one thing that helps me feel young.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by hank43 »

I went to the website for the leg up gear, and I have to admit, that is a pretty slick system, and at 4.9 times cheaper than my trike, is certainly more affordable. I like the way you still maintain a "real motorcycle" look and feel, while still keeping the stability of a trike.
Keep on trucking, and be careful, the road idiots are everywhere -

Will you be coming to the rally next June? I'd love to see that system up close!

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
sometimetoburn
Current bike(s): 2014 CSC VN 1700 trike

Post by sometimetoburn »

I had a 2010 VV bike went on a trip and tipped it 3 times not fun hurt my pride and was more then a bitch to pick up, we went to a CSC trike and wont look back was the best thing we did, I liked the CSC do to storage space I think dont hold me to it but has the most room of any trike kit I have seen. Its just a blast to go on. I think their price have come down as well, not cheap but quality and warranty is out standing. At 80 yrs young and still riding my hats off to you for that but omg bike is 900#s you need a kit. Hope this as helped and gave you some ideas to research.

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”