Flash?

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

dwhite815
Current bike(s): 2010 Kawasaki Vpysger 1700
1985 Gold Wing ,voyager trike
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Flash?

Post by dwhite815 »

I have a 2010 Kawasaki voyager 1700.
Where do you guys go to get the ECM flashed?
Do you take it out or take the bike some place? I am near Abq.,NM
Thanks
Denny
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Flash?

Post by hank43 »

The guy that does this is Ivan, he is in New York, see this link:http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vn1700.htm

Give him a call, He will ask you some questions like "are you interested in performance etc" if you decide to do it, he will have you pull the ECU out, (Takes about 5 minutes)ship to him (and be sure to insure it for $900.00!) he will reflash and send it back to you, usually on the day he gets it.
I did it, it costs $350, and I have not ever regretted doing so. Much better throttle response, overall better performance, runs cooler because the fan turn on and off times are adjusted, and maybe like me, you will get a little better MPG. Haven't heard of anyone that was not satisfied, but if you are, he will put it back the way it was, no charge.

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
dwhite815
Current bike(s): 2010 Kawasaki Vpysger 1700
1985 Gold Wing ,voyager trike
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Flash?

Post by dwhite815 »

:shock: Thank you I will do so soon. I ordered a leg up kit,from landing gear.com also.
ECU will be mailed to Ivan Friday. Thanks for info guys.

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”