ivans ecu reflash

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

keith
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2014 Kawasaki voyager abs
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

ivans ecu reflash

Post by keith »

just reinstalled my ecu after having it reflashed,what a big difference in horsepower,torque,,shifting,so much smoother when decelerating to accelerating.like going from a 4cylinder to a v6,or a v6 to a v8. no more popping in exhaust when decelerating,in short,it does everything the web site says it does! feels like I am riding my 2053cc Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 again! if you want better performance all around,dont spend over 800 dollars for new pipes,power commander etc..you will get better results with the 350dollar reflash. glad I read about the reflash on the voyager website ! always so much usefull information on here. 20 dollars a year to be a member of the ava,well worth the money,just to have the availability of connecting with fellow voyager riders who have a lot of experience with the same ride you have. The rallys are fun also.
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: ivans ecu reflash

Post by hank43 »

Glad you like the change Keith, I can't remember when I spent a better wad of cash, it has made this 1700 into a motorcycle again!

Would like to hear of your MPG!

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
keith
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2014 Kawasaki voyager abs

Post by keith »

have not been able to do much riding after the install,too cold for me around here.besides,when I have got out,all I have been doing is full throttle roll ons,loving it.will get back with you with mpg in the spring,after a few trips at normal driving!
rock42
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2015 Kawasaki voyager
1995 Harley dyna wide glide
1975 Goldwing
1982 goldwing interstate

Post by rock42 »

have not been on website is a long while and have a 2016 voyager i noticed the reviews on the ecu thingy and was wondering bout where to send the ecu and the cost would like to get mine done now that everyone seems to like it.
thanks for ur help
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by hank43 »

rock42 wrote:have not been on website is a long while and have a 2016 voyager i noticed the reviews on the ecu thingy and was wondering bout where to send the ecu and the cost would like to get mine done now that everyone seems to like it.
thanks for ur help
Here is a link to his web site: http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vn1700.htm
He is located in upstate NY.

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lynnomack1
Current bike(s): 2012 1700 Voyager

Post by Lynnomack1 »

Just had Ivan flash my Ecm seems like a completely different bike. Love the extra power and fuel mileagewent up. Thanks Ivan
FloatMe
Current bike(s): 2017 Kawasaki Voyager

Post by FloatMe »

Keith,

Happy to hear another positive review of Ivan's flash. I just sent mine out Wednesday. I just bought my 2017 three weeks ago and have only put 300 miles on it, here in unseasonably cold Ohio. As I see it, the only downside of me getting it flashed, is that I won't be able to appreciate the difference it makes :lol: having ridden it so little. Also sent the header out to get coated at Jet-Hot, and got a set of V&H slip-ons. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Mark
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Mark

Welcome to the AVA forum.

Just enjoy your Voyager next year. I hope you enjoy everything you come to the AVA International Rally this coming summer.
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
Steverides5
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2017 Voyager 1700
1993 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic
1967 R69S BMW
1982 Honda CB900C
1995 KTM 400 LC4
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Steverides5 »

Hey Mark, welcome to the group. I bought a new 2017 last July and have 12K on it so far. I’m running mine bone stock but really enjoy what this bike delivers for such a nice price. Went on a 8 day 1800 mile trip in September of Canada and NY State. Bike delivered great performance on the roads , storage for my wife and I and all day comfort. I think your really gonna like your purchase. Good luck.
Having fun whenever possible is never overrated!
smainbr
Current bike(s): 2012 Kawasaki Voyager 1700

Post by smainbr »

hank43 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:14 am Glad you like the change Keith, I can't remember when I spent a better wad of cash, it has made this 1700 into a motorcycle again!

Would like to hear of your MPG!

hank43
Got mine back from Ivan yesterday. Didn't take long to know it's money well spent!
Steve in Baton Rouge

RETIREMENT TOYS:
2012 Voyager 1700 (Pearl) - Ivanized
2015 Mustang Convertible (Sally)

Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 - 5/16/2015
Novato Kevin
Current bike(s): 2006 Honda Goldwing ABS

Post by Novato Kevin »

I got Ivan's flash for my '07 V Star 1300 Tourer- a bike notorious for low speed drivability problems. It totally transformed the bike to a smooth better riding bike. It fixed stumbling, backfiring, surging, excess heat and a very low power condition at 10-15 mph in second gear. Very specific. That's exactly the conditions for taking a hard right turn in city riding.

Ivan's flash; best $ spent on a bike.
MARINE
Current bike(s): 2020 KAWASAKI VULCAN VOYAGER
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MARINE »

Yep. In south Florida it was too hot to drive the bike. The flash helped. Ivan is a bit eccentric but knows his stuff. He was rude the first time I called. I was about to tell him to charge a handling fee and return the ECU and bugger off. He was pleasantly nice the second time around. Worth the money spent.
SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2020 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 1 time

Post by SteelTherapy »

I just bought a new 2020 Voyager a couple of months ago. Does the Ivan's ecu flash void the warranty?
Vooshman
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki Voyager
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Vooshman »

Hi Keith, I've seen you had your bike re flashed. How long has it been sense you had it done the first time and is there a recommended time for when it first gets flashed and then having it re done?

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”