Food/beverage travel cooler

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

morganw02
Current bike(s): Voyager XII: 86, 93, 96, 03
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Food/beverage travel cooler

Post by morganw02 »

I did a search and couldn't find any other posts on the subject:

What sort of cooler is everyone using for road trips? Specifically in the trunk.
I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck - aka not buying a Yeti - on a heavily insulated soft sided cooler.
I'm currently using a cheap soft sided cooler but want to upgrade. I have tried 2 different soft sided coolers from Ozark Trail, and both are too tall.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with an Orca or Rtic, ect, and whether they do or don't fit?

Any input is appreciated!
JHD
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): '92 Voyager XII
'09 FLHT Police
'03 RE Bullet 500
'77 XS 360-2D
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Food/beverage travel cooler

Post by JHD »

You could install a Marvellas tow hitch and cooler rack and strap on a tall cooler no problem.
Bill O
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1994 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager TriKing Trike
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Food/beverage travel cooler

Post by Bill O »

I've had good luck with the small 6 pk 12 vdc electric coolers. I also have a hitch rack (Rivco model) for carrying larger coolers. The 6 pk 12 volt cooler (hard or soft sided) sits very well in the passenger seat (if you're riding one up) and I have a 12volt power outlet below the travel trunk. Keeps items nice and cold. The small coolers will also fit into a saddle bag. Now going to the opposite extreme, I also have an Engels 12vdc/120vac (Australian) Refrigerator/Freezer I carry on the tongue of my Aspen Tent Trailer. I use the 12vdc outlet under the trunk to power it when traveling down the road and have a solar generator to power when in camp.

Bill O
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
1994 Voyager
2003 Voyager
2003 Voyager TriKing Trike

Nevada Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”