Hitch

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

sheiserman
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1989 Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Hitch

Post by sheiserman »

Anybody interested in a hitch for a XII? I haven't taken any pics, but I've removed one from a '97 that I have no interest in putting back on. Can't remember the mfr. name, but it isn't a Markland. It's got a drop type receiver that is chrome. 2" ball on it. It makes removing the rear tire (the way I do it) impossible. For what it's worth, I prefer the Markland setup, but I do think this one looks better on the bike.

If I have time tomorrow I can clean it up and take a picture or two. It's filthy dirty with some rust on the hidden painted pieces and a couple spots on the chrome that I think would clean up. The 2 drop pieces look to be very clean.

I'm asking because if there's no interest, I'll just leave the drop pieces on and put the rest on a shelf.
Bill O
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1994 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager
2003 1200 Voyager TriKing Trike
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Hitch

Post by Bill O »

Sounds like you are describing a "Hitch Doctor" receiver hitch. Does make changing the rear tire a pain (unless you have a lift) but they are very strong hitches. I have a Markland on my '94 and a Hitch Doctor on my '03. Both good.

Bill O
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
1994 Voyager
2003 Voyager
2003 Voyager TriKing Trike

Nevada Patriot Guard Rider
sheiserman
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1989 Voyager XII
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Hitch

Post by sheiserman »

Bill O wrote:Sounds like you are describing a "Hitch Doctor" receiver hitch. Does make changing the rear tire a pain (unless you have a lift) but they are very strong hitches. I have a Markland on my '94 and a Hitch Doctor on my '03. Both good.

Bill O
Yep, it's a hitch doc out of Minnesota. There's a Sticker on the bottom of the hitch. Definitely seems heavier than the Markland.

I made a lift to make things easier, which it does. What I didn't do was make a removable plate at the back to drop a tire straight down. No matter, the hitch is off and I can continue doing it the way I have been.

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”