Belt Adjustors

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

fishfish
Current bike(s): 1700 voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Belt Adjustors

Post by fishfish »

Hello everyone! Need some information on the belt adjustors on the 1700. The left side adjuster on the wheel fits flush with the axle thus creating an exact reading on the frame. The right side however has a fair amount of horizontal play making it difficult to establish the same reading on the left side. Am I missing something here or is that just a bad design? Seems you never quite know if the wheel is going to be tracking properly.
Thanks in advance
Mike LV
Current bike(s): 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
2006 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Belt Adjustors

Post by Mike LV »

Hi..... I definitely do not use indicators on swingarm. I purchased 2 electrical conduit pipes 8' long, very light weight, straight and cheap. Place stands under to raise rear tire, use bungee cords to hold the 2 pipes tight to rear tire [front and back of rear tire]. Pipes then extend under bike [unobstructed] going forward beyond front tire. Now, once you are happy with belt tension, adjust alignment bolts til you get the exact same gap measurement between the conduit and both right and left side of front tire.

I have also seen this done with 2 fluorescent light tubes 8' long

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”