Weather - or not

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Weather - or not

Post by hank43 »

Hey all,
the weather here is just terrible! Woke up yesterday, overcast and cold (about 34 degrees) This morning, it was 29 degrees! Right now (about 2:45 PM) it is crystal clear, but only 39 degrees.
It is actually warmer at my son's home in Egg Harbor NJ (45 degrees) then it is in Sacramento, CA.

Come on June!

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
ekap1200
Master Fabricator
Master Fabricator
Current bike(s): 2000 voyager end of year total. 108.634
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Weather - or not

Post by ekap1200 »

hank43 wrote:Hey all,
the weather here is just terrible! Woke up yesterday, overcast and cold (about 34 degrees) This morning, it was 29 degrees! Right now (about 2:45 PM) it is crystal clear, but only 39 degrees.
It is actually warmer at my son's home in Egg Harbor NJ (45 degrees) then it is in Sacramento, CA.

Come on June!

hank43
But it crazy weather here in NJ> one day its 45 deg the next its down to 28 deg the next its up to 69 and sunny. Next day some snow. you just don't know what to expect. Today its gloomy and slight drizzle at times , and a bit cool.
but one thing is certain, my shop is at 65 to 70 all year round....I will come up with that 100.00 somehow heat and cool it...
"Its not bad if you don't know something, but when you don't know you don't know; That's when your in trouble". Joe Place 1912-2008 (my grandfather)
keith
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2014 Kawasaki voyager abs
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by keith »

here in Covington ky.,Tuesday the 20th of February,it hit 79degrees!as luck would have it,i was off work,so what a great chance to get the bike out for a day!was anxious to see what kind of mileage i could get with the new reflash i had done earlier this winter.decided to drive down to bardstown ky.140 miles away 95%expressway,to a marathon truck stop quick stop that makes the best homemade breakfast sausage in Kentucky! or so the article i read about it said.(jakes fresh country sausage,bardstown,ky.) and yes,it was worth the short drive! anyway,it was very windy on the way down,was only averaging 32 mpg ,which was disappointing,because most people were reporting better gas mileage with the reflash,again,i was heading straight into the wind.a few hours later on the way home,although it was windy,not near as bad though,i was averaging 42mpg. so wind is a BIG factor in mpg on these voyagers. probably not a news flash to most,but it sure made a big difference on this trip! 10 mpg difference. so,i am confident in calm winds,i should get better mileage with this reflash! even if i don't,i am still happy with it..also got to try out the new pillowtop seat i installed from Kawasaki! although i only spent 2and a half hours in the saddle on the way down,it was comfortable,it does sit you a little higher,so harder to put feet flat on ground when stopped,for us short legged people,but,not so bad that i feel uncomfortable with it. anxious like all of us for spring to get here!but this little taste of spring on Tuesday was awesome!!stay safe.
Highway Rider
Webmaster
Webmaster
Current bike(s): 2003 ZG1200 Voyager
2006 VN900
1978 KZ650 D1 SR
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Highway Rider »

Been hanging right around 32 all day and we have had freezing rain and mist and now it is snowing.
Webmaster
Jim & Karol
2003 Voyager XII
IBA #57976
IBA 1500 miles in 24 hours
IBA 1500 miles in 36 hours
IBA 1000 miles in 24 hours
It's not the destination, It's the ride

Return to “General Chat”