Too cold ,Too soon!

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

cushman eagle
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): '99 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1958 Cushman Eagle restoration has been finished,and have put 3030 miles on her!
Has liked: 804 times
Been liked: 270 times

Too cold ,Too soon!

Post by cushman eagle »

I had a goal this year of 8,000 miles on the VXII,but the weather got too cold :cold: ,too soon to get there :cry2: I did get to 7,918,and only needed two hours to get the last 82 miles,but it was not to be :corn: I knew with the rally being closer,I would be 1,000 miles short of last year,and my work schedule being too heavy to make it up.
I am giving a positive thought to going to Kerrville,which will add about 3,000 to the year.
'99 Voyager VXII,'58 Cushman Eagle
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Too cold ,Too soon!

Post by Mr Jensee »

I agree, too cold too soon. Somebody organized a ride at the Harley place Saturday and the temps were 52 degrees that morning. I was doing dialysis so I could not attend but glad I didn't because when I got out at eleven o'clock it was also raining. Who organizes a ride in the dead of winter? It is supposed to be in the low 20s here for the next week in the morning. Too cold for my blood. On the positive side the Voyager is fixed outside of a minor coolant leak which I wont tackle till it warms up significantly. Just glad to have my girl back up and running. She and Charlie's Voyager will stay tucked in the garage till I can get to them. In the meantime it is strictly inside activities for a while.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
Steverides5
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2017 Voyager 1700
1993 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic
1967 R69S BMW
1982 Honda CB900C
1995 KTM 400 LC4
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Too cold ,Too soon!

Post by Steverides5 »

As a rider with many bikes I’ve found there is never enough time etc. Many people look at my 1993 HD Electra Glide that I’ve owned since new and can’t believe it has only 50K on it. However the vast majority of those miles were backroads in upstate NY and PA. The number not as important as the quality. Enjoy. Just got back from a day in Maryland in January. A nice gift for me.
Having fun whenever possible is never overrated!

Return to “General Chat”