2018 motorcycle show

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Tonyvdb
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2017 Victory Vision
1996 Voyager (Just sold)
1981 GPZ 550 (Previous bike)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

2018 motorcycle show

Post by Tonyvdb »

Hey everyone, spent the day at the 2018 motorcycle show here and toured all the different manufacturers that were there. I must say of all the new touring and cruisers that I sat on the only one that came even slightly close to the comfort of my Victory Vision was the new Yamaha Star Venture, it has a really nice feel to it and all the features of a loaded Goldwing for much less. My only issue was it sits lower to the ground and cornering would not be great. But overall it's a winner!

I sat on the new Goldwing and although the new look is great and had the new front end suspension it had less legroom than previous models and the rear trunk was smaller and no real rain protection for your legs. There is something to be said about the Voyager! I do miss some aspects of that bike.

The BMW was nice and the front floorboard position was interesting again no rain/wind protection for your legs.
The Harly Roadglide was so top heavy and uncomfortable that I would never consider it.
The Kawasaki Concorse was to sporty and still had a feel of a sport bike over comfort for touring.

In the end I left the show feeling proud knowing that I have one of the best bikes ever made for comfort and ride quality. With my height at 6'4 the options are slim for a new ride.
2017 Gloss black Victory Vision
1996 Kawasaki Voyager Just sold
1981 Kawasaki GPZ550 (sold)
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: 2018 motorcycle show

Post by Mr Jensee »

Tony glad you got your Vision before they were discontinued. I wish for all the world I could attend a winter bike show. I could spend all day there. Next time take a lot of pictures so you can post them for the rest of us.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2018 motorcycle show

Post by hank43 »

Tony;

I looked up the cost of the Yammy tourer, it prices out at $26,000+, that's about 8 grand more than the Voyager! You CAN get it for about $24,000, but no CB and some other goodies.
That's about 3,000 more than the base price of a Honda Gold Thing......(2018 start price of Goldwing is about 23,000)
Nice looking bike, but too costly for my wallet!

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Return to “General Chat”