Went on my first Rally of the Year

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Went on my first Rally of the Year

Post by Mr Jensee »

I had a wonderful day Saturday. I rode to Lake Charles, about 70 miles from home, to a rally and ride for a local charity. About 30 bikers showed up. The ride to Lake Charles was a little scary because about 30 mile out from Lafayette we hit a fog bank with visibility down to an eighth of a mile.
I wasn't alone on the trip. I rode with a little lady who was recently widowed of a great guy I worked with who died in a motorcycle crash last year. She has a gorgeous red Harley Trike. Signed in at 8:30 and kickstands were up at 9am. We rode another 60 mile loop up to Kinder, LA and back to Lake Charles using mostly back roads.
The 16 year old Voyager ran like something new. I had no problems keeping up with ever other bike there and that included several brand new $30,000 Harleys. The funny part was my bike could have been electric because nobody could hear me above the loud pipes of the V Twins. I was the only Voyager there and got lots of stares and questions from other attendees.
At the rally I hooked up with a long lost cousin I haven't seen in years. He had a nice 2009 Goldwing, a very nice bike. Also there was my nephew Jeremy who had invited me, and who rides with a Christian group.
We had a blast there after the ride was a chili cook off. Some of the best chili I have ever tasted. When we signed in they gave us tickets for a door prizes. I won a motorcycle vest, something I have never in 64 years, ever had before. I will post pictures of it later. When I got home about 5:30 I checked my mileage. With all the fast riding I did the Voyager got 48 mpg. Fantastic!
By the way, I am finally completely healed from my car accident on February 1st. I expected that I would be sore on Sunday but I wasn't at all. I guess I am finally acclimated to Dialysis. I want to go on more and more rides! :woohoo:
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
ekap1200
Master Fabricator
Master Fabricator
Current bike(s): 2000 voyager end of year total. 108.634
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Went on my first Rally of the Year

Post by ekap1200 »

Glad to hear all went well. Its good to FINALLY put a face to your name.... :laughing:
Glad you won something also
Gene Kap
"Its not bad if you don't know something, but when you don't know you don't know; That's when your in trouble". Joe Place 1912-2008 (my grandfather)
cushman eagle
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): '99 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1958 Cushman Eagle restoration has been finished,and have put 3030 miles on her!
Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 266 times

Post by cushman eagle »

Way to go,Mr.Jensee :woohoo: I am really glad you were up to,and enjoyed a long ride. :perfect10: As Gene said,it is good to see a face with a name we have talked to.The weather here is not motorcycle friendly at this time. :cry2: :cold: Enjoy your riding as you pity us in the North. :rolling:
'99 Voyager VXII,'58 Cushman Eagle
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Home Phone disconnected.

Post by Mr Jensee »

I'm not normally a smiler. So I don't like having my picture taken very often. I think the last time I was good looking I was 4. However I am getting old and on Dialysis so what the hell. :rolling:
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Nice to see you riding. Now if we could get you to come up for the AVA Rally in Nashville.

Can I use your post in the Voyagers Voice?
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Home Phone disconnected.

Post by Mr Jensee »

Sure you can use any post I make. As for the AVA rally, unless you can get me on a dialysis machine while there I seriously doubt I can make any of them, unfortunately. :-(

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”