Web page for drawing X-mile radius on a map...

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

SgtSlag
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1993 Voyager XII (2010)
(2006-2012: 1979 Honda CB750K)
(2008-2010: 1983 Kawasaki 440LTD, belt drive)
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 211 times

Web page for drawing X-mile radius on a map...

Post by SgtSlag »

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife and I were discussing our touring plans for 2015, and I stated that I wanted to draw a 1,000 mile radius around our home, to see what we could find for interesting destinations. She sent me a link to a web page that offers just that: you fill in the radius, in miles, and click on the map for the center point, and it draws the circle for you.

So, for our 2015 tour planning, I drew a 1,000 mile radius around our city, printed a copy for future reference, and wrote down the names of all of the States we could reach (2,000 mile round-trip, this is about how far we can go in any direction, based on past tours, and the speeds we travel at, smelling plenty of roses along the way...). I've logged onto every State's tourism sites, requesting free information. Now I am waiting for the packets to arrive, so I can see what interests us. Thought I would share this with everyone. Cheers!
SgtSlag

1993 Voyager XII
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Web page for drawing X-mile radius on a map...

Post by debron »

Cool! I've sometimes wanted to do just that. But keep in mind that's straight-line air miles. Road miles could easily be 20% farther!
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
tantasquit
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2013 Vulcan Voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Web page for drawing X-mile radius on a map...

Post by tantasquit »

SgtSlag-Thanks for posting that link. It's a good ball park to get started with when planning a trip.

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”