First time out with trailer.

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Charlie from Illinois
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

First time out with trailer.

Post by Charlie from Illinois »

Took my new Piggybacker out this weekend for a breakin run. Loaded it up and Cindy and I put about 400 miles on it. I was surprised at how it reduced acceleration on hills and the extra stopping distance. I did not have any problems with it but it will take some getting used to. I would imagine that in a strong storm it could get interesting. :hmm:
Nathan (South Carolina)
Cruiser
Cruiser

Re: First time out with trailer.

Post by Nathan (South Carolina) »

I wouldn't worry too much about having the trailer in a strong storm, I would worry more about being caught in one on the bike. We got blown off the bike while enroute to the Rapid City Rally when we were confronted by a storm with high winds. The effects of the wind on the trailer were negligible. The bike fell over but the trailer remained upright. While we were fighting the forces of the wind before falling, I forgot the trailer was back there. It was all I could do to keep the bike upright but the wind won that battle.
Lone Eagle
2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII
Doug in South Dakota

Post by Doug in South Dakota »

Ain't our weather here in South Dakota Great :-O Gotta love the wind, And it never stops
Charlie from Illinois

Post by Charlie from Illinois »

I was there at the rally Nathan. I remember that. It was quite a storm that blew through. We got to the hotel about two hours before it hit. Nice hearing from you.
Nathan (South Carolina)
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Nathan (South Carolina) »

Thanks Charlie. Hope to see you again in Santa Fe.
Lone Eagle
2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”