Need help.

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

evo2nv
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Need help.

Post by evo2nv »

i was riding the bike today and it died. pulled over to try to restart it since popping the clutch wasnt working and it wouldnt crank when i hit the start button.
so i pulled over and it wont crank over and i dont hear the fuel pump coming on.

i found out there was a loose fuse fixed that replaced one that somehow was cracked. and they it started cranking but still no fuel pump. i disconected the pigtail and jumped it off of a power and ground i had running to my lisc plate lights and nice it started working .

i figured now i can make it home cranked the bike over and i wont start. cranks over as usual but just doesnt have spark.

i have it home now doing some test . i remeber from before when i started the bike with no air box that the ecu threw a code for the air temp sensor. so i unpluged that ignition on and no code. check the power and such to the ecu and it has power im thinkin the ecu went bad ..

any input please??
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 223 times

Re: Need help.

Post by Me Again »

Sounds more like you lost arelay.
Check the wiring around the ignition switch first because that will kill the bike if you turn the steering just right.
Also check the kill switch and kickstand switch (will not turn over if either of these is bad).
Then switch the start relay with the light relay (fuse box under right side cover)
evo2nv

Post by evo2nv »

the bike turns over now there was a problem with the 30amp fuse. i just checked and it has spark so im not thinking the ecu is bad anymore. but even after i power up the fuel pump and try to start it still no start
evo2nv

Post by evo2nv »

its just not requesting the fuel pump and when i jump the pump on the bike wont even try to start
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road

Post by Me Again »

did you switch relays?
My start relay burnt out and you could crank all day and it wasn't going to start as soon as I switched,it started right up,but you have no headlight.
hook the fuel pump back up and check the rest of the fuses.
evo2nv

Post by evo2nv »

i've tried everything. i have come to the conclusion that the injector driver in th ecu is bad. i have spark and everything else no fuel pump or injector pulse.

anyone know where i can find a ecu for cheap or i will be parting out the bike
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road

Post by Me Again »

Go to this site and ask the same questions.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1300Voyager/
Let them know were you are located.It's possible someone may be close enough to swap yours out and see if it works.
The only other thing I can think of right off hand is a loose connector someplace.
At one time I had a loose pin on the connector to the computor but then I couldn't even turn the bike over.Did you hook everything back up and try it?Or are you still trying to jump the fuel pump (not a good thing).
:tho:
evo2nv

Post by evo2nv »

everything is hooked back up. and im absolutly sure nothing is loose. there is no power right off the ecu for the fuel pump relay.

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”