Super Brace Install

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

kehnisz
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2006 Burgman 650
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Super Brace Install

Post by kehnisz »

I see that I have a cap covering the top of the each bolt on the old front brace. According to the parts diagram, a nut is on the other end of the bolt.

Am I able to replace the brace without removing the front wheel? Do I need access to the 4 nuts inside the front fender? Are the nuts somehow 'retained' - Parts diagram gives me no help other than to call out a part - and I can not find in my service manual - if there - what page?

The SuperBrace instructions indicate to me, you are not removing the wheel - based on the instruction stating the axle pinch bolts may need to be loosened if you are not able to tap the brace into position by hand.

As always, indebted to the answers and knowledge of you 'seasoned' owners!
K Ehnisz
Past Vice-President NorCal Voyagers 2012-2013
USCGR (ret)

1996 Voyager XII
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650
doug of so fla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 07 gold wing
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Super Brace Install

Post by doug of so fla »

Pop off the caps and use a #10 socket and remove the bolts there are no nuts. Make sure your superbrace fits snug but does no have to be forced in. put a drop of silicone one the edge of each cap so you don't loose one down the road. Should go in as easy as the stock one comes out. Not even a half beer job.. :tired:
doug of no fla
kehnisz
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2006 Burgman 650
Been liked: 0

Re: Super Brace Install

Post by kehnisz »

Thanks that worked - I was expecting the fasteners to be under the fender - I don't know why, but I did.

Glad I changed the brace - the stock one was on 'backward' - not that I can tell any difference between the 'front' and the 'back' of the stock piece.

At least SuperBrace made it easy to know front to back with-out taking off - you can read it from the front!!!

I went thru my owners/service manual - where other than on page 19 of the owners' manual, do they show you the routing of the Speedo cable - mine is rubbing on the upper portion on the outside of the left shock.
K Ehnisz
Past Vice-President NorCal Voyagers 2012-2013
USCGR (ret)

1996 Voyager XII
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”