antenna

Got a tech tip for Voyager 12's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

biker4life
Current bike(s): 2000 Kawasaki Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

antenna

Post by biker4life »

hi all, my reception suddenly went really bad on the radio, and as i was checking it all out, i noticed the black plastic piece that holds the antenna onto the metal post is loose and wobbles back and forth. i think it either cracked or broke the connection inside. i can spin it completely around and does not get lose to remove it. i dont want to cause more damage but does anyone have a tip on how to remove it. do i need to pull the antenna wire down from underneath it first and will there be some sort of nut holding in place? :hmm:
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: antenna

Post by Mr Jensee »

I'm assuming you have the 1200. The black plastic section, the base is supposed to unscrew for removal. I suspect something has broken in the base allowing it to just spin around. Counter clockwise is how it normally comes off. If you can get it off it can be replaced with any am/fm antenna that will fit the base. You can check Radio Shack, some auto audio supplies to see what will match the hole size in the mount. You might have to replace the coax back to the radio or purchase a splice to connect any new cable from the new antenna to the old coax. Another idea is to give a shout to Carl Leo and see if he has any replacement OEM antennas in stock.Image
This is just an example of what is available for about $25.

One antenna for a Voyager just came up on ebaymotors. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-Kawas ... 53e970bd76
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”