fuel milage/tire press.

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

ekap1200
Master Fabricator
Master Fabricator
Current bike(s): 2000 voyager end of year total. 108.634
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 134 times

fuel milage/tire press.

Post by ekap1200 »

Hello all from big City Cecil, NJ. Second day out with the new suspension and I now have a fuel useage report. Same tire pressure as maiden ride, (50 psi. cold ) and mixed road conditions, ie 4lane/65~80 ;2lane county 50~60 , and thru town stop and go. loged 101.1 with 2.12 gallons fuel. A big difference haveing the tires up to within 10psi of stated cold psi requirements. Best I had before was 42 mpg apx. and the darn thing still bounced the whole 100 miles. So one more road test to do before winter kicks butt, and that will be into south eastern PA. and find some hills to pull. But today went without any thoughts to the trailer behind me. Wish I could have taken vidio , but my Christmas wish list had either a new GoPro camera system or a new DRO for my milling machine. So' tools always win out and am awaiting for the early Santa Sled, Ya'll might have seen it' the big Brown truck with santa dressed in Brown also. I would have liked to get some vidio of the sys in action, We'll see what happens....
PS. This morning I had added about 35 more pounds of weight to the trailer and tongue weight up to 24lbs.
:-D Gene Kap.
"Its not bad if you don't know something, but when you don't know you don't know; That's when your in trouble". Joe Place 1912-2008 (my grandfather)

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”