Radio Volume Problem

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager XII (1200cc, Four-cylinder) Years 1986 thru 2003.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Troubadour
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Radio Volume Problem

Post by Troubadour »

Hi Voyager Folks,
Two weeks ago, the speedometer on my 2003 Voyager XII quit working. I lost the volume control on my radio at the same time. I thought that the broken speedometer must have affected the Automatic Volume Control.

The speedometer has been repaired, and the AVC is working OK, but I am unable to adjust the volume using the volume knob on the radio, or the volume rocker adjustment on the handlebar. The volume rocker on the rear passenger remote control is working, so I can adjust the volume using the passenger remote control, but obviously not when I'm riding solo.

Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Troubadour
Neal
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager, 2002 Voyager
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Radio Volume Problem

Post by Neal »

Not sure exactly what is going on, but it probably has something to do with your avc knob. Since there is no volume control on the radio. That knob on the left is only for the intercom volume.
Dealer for all Air Rider products, and Nolan helmets and headsets.
MTN99
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by MTN99 »

Troubadour,

Just a thought, but did you Check your Mute button on the passenger control? :hmm:

sometimes when you open the trunk the button can get pushed in.... (I've done that :bat: )
Check the handlebar controls as well, they will sometimes get dirt & corrosion in it, a good electrical contact cleaner will sometimes do the trick....
Also make sure you did'nt hit the tape button..
Now Retired

Ride Safe & Remember.... ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley Ca.
Nathan (South Carolina)
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Nathan (South Carolina) »

Try spraying some contaact cleaner in the volume control switch to clean the contacts.
Lone Eagle
2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII
Dbb3
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Dbb3 »

Would it be worth spraying that contact cleaner on the HS button?

My HS button stays on, all of a sudden, and obviously I get no audible radio.

Leo kindly let me know what it entails to be able to get the Clarion apart in order to tighten up the nut that apparently came loose, but was hoping I can try something else before I start ripping the whole front end apart.
Dbb3
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Dbb3 »

Just Me wrote:If you loosened or unplugged the connector to the left handlebar controls, you would get this sort of symptom. The front and rear controls are parallel wired.
If only one works, the other isn't connected or the switch contacts are dirty.
I'm assuming your message is in reply to the original message, correct?
(Just making sure, as my choke cable has just been replaced, along with my carbs being cleaned. After I got my bike back, the HS button now stays on, where everything worked fine before it went in the shop.)
Thanks
bikerking.biz
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1970 Honda CL 350
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by bikerking.biz »

Maybe you should go back to the shop and tell them this, if they goofed it, they should fix it. :thk:
Biker King
http://www.bikerking.biz
Check out our huge & redesigned website, which is now your POWER BROKER & "KING of Everything Motorcycle & More"! "Like" our FB page for FB only discounts & more.

Return to “General - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”