1700 com set bracket

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Wallace18
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

1700 com set bracket

Post by Wallace18 »

I was upset initially with the intercom set up on my Voyager. The dealer installed it for both the rider and passenger. The cords hooked up vertically and were right under my wife's legs. It also put a strain on my headset pulling me back on my left side. We use J&M headsets and lower cords. The fix was easy. I pivoted my hookup to face the front of the bike and my wifes to the back. Now we are both more comfortable. I hope this helps someone else. By the way. This is the best working factory intercom I have ever owned. No wind noise or static and great clarity and voice reconigtion. :bravo:
Kevin B in Illinois
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2001 Honda GL1800
1990 Kawasaki Voyager XII
2002 Harley Davidson Road King
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
1969 Kawasaki Sidewinder 250
1965 Kawasaki F2TR 175
2006 Suzuki DL1000
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 1700 com set bracket

Post by Kevin B in Illinois »

I'm curious if there are anyone that has made a bracket to move the passenger bracket further back and to relocate the driver bracket. I know that some have added cords and relocated the bracket to a different set up. I too agree that the audio set up is one of the best that I have used as far as sound and they way it works when you set it up with the audio settings. It sounds clear and it flat out works. If Voyager XII owners and other brand owners ride one and try out the audio settings with helmets. They may become hooked, Ma Kaw ...Thank you for listening to us.

Kevin Braddy
IPVMC
President
Motorcycle Enthusiast!!!

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”