The Upper Peninsula

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

NavMode
Current bike(s): 1986 Voyager Xll
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

The Upper Peninsula

Post by NavMode »

My brother in-law Bryon and I leave Wednesday Jun 06th from Cedar Rapids to the Upper P of Michigan. Unfortunately, Donna and her sister Hope couldn’t get the time off so it’ll be a Guy Trip.

I used to TYRE program http://www.tyretotravel.com to map the trip. It will be 1791 miles. Gonna try it in 3 days but will keep Sunday the 10th in my hip pocket just in case.

I also used http://www.roadsideamerica.com to plan our itinerary.
Bryon is a Harley rider that thinks a trip is getting on the Interstate and travel 80 mph to get to a destination. He is in for a surprise.

I bought a Spot 2 just as a security blanket and have it linked to Donna’s Facebook page donnakmichels@yahoo.com if anyone cares to track us.

Hope to get some great pictures to share and will get a trip report done as soon as I get back.

A true traveler has no set destination and no has no set time in getting there.
http://www.world66.com/community/mymaps/visitedStates
Lowell & Donna
1986 Kawasaki Voyager

Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price.
Benjamin Franklin
Dion
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2006 Goldwing 1800 1989 Honda Pacific Coast 800

Re: The Upper Peninsula

Post by Dion »

If you get anywhere near Janesville give us a shout :thmup:
President Wisconsin Badgerland Voyagers member Illinois Prairie Voyagers, American Voyager Association Bikes 2006 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing / 89 Honda PC. 800 In God We Trust
SgtSlag
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1993 Voyager XII (2010)
(2006-2012: 1979 Honda CB750K)
(2008-2010: 1983 Kawasaki 440LTD, belt drive)
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by SgtSlag »

The UP is gorgeous, around the southern shoreline of Lake Superior. There are numerous state parks, most of which have waterfalls within them. It is some of the prettiest country we have toured. If you get a chance, take the trip up to Copper Harbor. We tried, in 2009, but we ran into 40+ MPH crosswinds, which wore us out, halfway up the peninsula, and so we turned around. The ride up that spit of land, though, was wonderful scenery, with tall trees hemming us in on both sides. We saw a coyote alongside of that road, at one point. We hope to make a trip to Copper Harbor, specifically, this Summer, to see if we can make it to the Lake. Friendly folks, lovely places to see, and drive through. We loved the UP, and the pasty's. Enjoy! Cheers!
:thmup:
SgtSlag

1993 Voyager XII
Sumo
Current bike(s): 1994 Kawasaki Voyager

Post by Sumo »

Da UP is an amazing place to ride. I and a friend are doing the Lake Michigan Loop next weekend. Three days. That trip across Northern Upper Michigan is one of my favorites. The Keewanaw Peninsula is an amazing place. Did you get to check out any copper mines?

As you mentioned, make sure you get a pasty, eh ?
Kevin D.
Clarksville TN
1994 Voyager XII

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”