CB Issue

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Fooch
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): Proud owner of a Blue 2011 Voyager.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

CB Issue

Post by Fooch »

Have had the CB on an 11 Voyager for about 8 months. Works great. Today, I have some kind of problem with receiving. As we were leaving on a group ride I did a radio check. Everyone heard me just fine. But the 2 guys I tested with sounded like they were on a different channel, bleedover we used to call it. They were also very weak. Never heard any transmissions on any channel from anyone. I've gone over all connections and tested both mine and the wife's headsets (she didn't ride today). Radio/Ipod reception is also okay. CB antenna wire also seems okay. Didn't do any electronic testing, just visual. All wires seems fine. I left the squelch wide open and only heard faint static. Any suggestions???
Fooch
Streetster
Streetster

Re: CB Issue

Post by Fooch »

Okay, no takers. Can anyone tell me what they think is the warranty for the CB radio? Made need some help from Duane on this matter.
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

I don't have a lot of opportunities to use the CB. When I have used it, no issues.

You might want to give Duane a call.

I think the kawaski accessories only have 90 day warranty unless they were bought at the time of Motorcycle purchase.
2010 Voyager 1700
Fooch
Streetster
Streetster

Post by Fooch »

The current warranty for 'accessories' is 90 days. But my CB came with a warranty booklet that says '12 months'. The booklet is titled 'Premium Audio System'. So I don't know if Kawasaki changed warranties mid season or what, but the dealer I bought the CB from got Kawasaki to replace the CB under the 12 month term. I'll see when it gets here. But obviously Kaw service is as perplexing as some say it is. Kaw insisted that the warranty was only for 90 days. They also said that the radio manufacturer. radiosound.com, was responsible for the 12 month warranty. Radiosound said they don't do any warranty work for Kaw, go figure. The dealer had to FAX Kaw a copy of the 12 month policy which they had in a new CB they had in stock in their store. The dealer, Leeson's Arctic Cat, did a great job of working this out for me.
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Having a great dealer definitely makes things easier. Hope the new CB solves your issues.
2010 Voyager 1700
Fooch
Streetster
Streetster

Post by Fooch »

Well after a few weeks of wrangling with Kawasaki, the dealer came through and got me another CB radio. All is well so the problem was definitely with the original unit. Apparently there's a couple of different warranties with Kaw products. The website shows 90 days for accessories. I have the warranty booklets that came with the CB, headsets and connections even the rear speakers purchased just last week. The title of the warranty booklet is for the "Premium Audio System' and clearly states that the warranty is for 12 months. Kaw told the dealer, Leeson's Arctic Cat in W.VA, that the warranty for the CB was only 90 days. The dealer got a warranty booklet from a CB they had in stock and had to FAX it to Kaw for proof of the one year warranty. Thanks to Leeson's for the good service. The CB was just re-installed and seems just fine.
Now the next dilemma. What are these two parts in the picture? They were left after I finished the install. I don't know if they were in the box with the CB or something I forgot to re-install. They're some kind of a washer/bushing. May belong in either the lower fairing, speaker or headlight area. Any ideas?

DaveMac
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 86 voyager
87 voyager
99 BMW K1200LT (sold but not forgotten)
Has liked: 3 times

Post by DaveMac »

Those look like the faring spacers you put in the plastic before you put the screws through them
BMW K1200 LT 1999 (sold)
kawasaki VOYAGER XII 1987
Kawasaki VOYAGER XII 1986
Fooch
Streetster
Streetster

Post by Fooch »

DaveMac wrote:Those look like the faring spacers you put in the plastic before you put the screws through them
That's sorta kinda what they are. I figured out where they go. They go into the grommets that hold the lower fairing on the bike. The CB module mounts to it. Due to the angle and not having a tight fit in the grommets, they easily fall out when the screws are removed. I just didn't notice it. I removed the new CB module and it was obvious that they went there. All is now well :thmup: .

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”