Radiator Fan doesn't run when bike is OFF.

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

NSASarge
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2015 CanAm Spyder RTL
2010 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Radiator Fan doesn't run when bike is OFF.

Post by NSASarge »

Having owned a 2005 Nomad 1600, I am not used to the way the fan operates on my 2010 Voyager. On the Nomad, when the engine is hot and I stopped the bike and turned it completely off, the fan would run if it needed to. My Voyager fan will only run if I keep the ignition key turned to the RUN position after shutting the bike off. I know the coolant is not circulating and the fan on the Nomad was only running because the temp sensor told the fan to run, but, it also blew air at the front cylinder too. My bike does not have the KAMS. Has anyone re-wired the fan circuit to run if needed when the bike is switched off? Am I worried about a non-issue?

:tho:
Ride Safe
Shoot Straight
Speak the Truth

David & Deb
"NSASarge"
2015 CanAm Spyder RTL
2010 Voyager
AVA: 6178
AMA/ROK: 3308207
AAA: 620111405125201
Patriot Guard Rider
Retired US Army MI
Retired Thomas Built Bus
Retired
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Radiator Fan doesn't run when bike is OFF.

Post by hank43 »

NSASarge wrote:Having owned a 2005 Nomad 1600, I am not used to the way the fan operates on my 2010 Voyager. On the Nomad, when the engine is hot and I stopped the bike and turned it completely off, the fan would run if it needed to. My Voyager fan will only run if I keep the ignition key turned to the RUN position after shutting the bike off. I know the coolant is not circulating and the fan on the Nomad was only running because the temp sensor told the fan to run, but, it also blew air at the front cylinder too. My bike does not have the KAMS. Has anyone re-wired the fan circuit to run if needed when the bike is switched off? Am I worried about a non-issue?

:tho:
My '09 operates the same way, I think it's to conserve battricity.

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
1700Guy
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2010 Voyager 1700
1982 Honda 500 Silverwing
1981 Honda CB900C
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Radiator Fan doesn't run when bike is OFF.

Post by 1700Guy »

The way the bike is designed it is a non issue

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”