Anyone using a lightning cable ipod?

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

ninjarob
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2010 Vulcan 1700 Voyager
1989 KDX 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Anyone using a lightning cable ipod?

Post by ninjarob »

Went looking through the old posts first but noticed most of the ipod threads are now gone?

Anyways, I bought a new nano (7th generation) to replace my 5th generation one which happens to work with my new boat ipod interface where it now has a new home (got all that? lol) When I opened it up today, I noticed the new nano uses the same connection cord as my iphone 5, the lightning connecter. Obviously going to be a problem here with the Voyager!

So my question is, has anyone out there used this with the Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter before I spend the $40 for it? Supposedly based on the reviews only the Apple cable will allow charging and music flow but of course some people are reporting their docks, alarms clocks, etc. aren't allowing music. Anyone have this ipod or one with the similar connector? I would think Kawasaki would have to change the ipod adapter sometime in the future as it seems as though most all the ipod models are going to this connection.

Thoughts? :hmm:
Rob Snyder
Byram Township, NJ
2010 1700 Voyager
ninjarob
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2010 Vulcan 1700 Voyager
1989 KDX 200

Re: Anyone using a lightning cable ipod?

Post by ninjarob »

To answer my own question (and for anyone else wondering) the answer is YES! :thmup:

Got my genuine apple cable (has to be the 30 pin to lightning adapter CABLE) and plugged it into the Voyager. Charges AND plays the music, menu's work, etc.

Haven't tried my iphone yet, probably won't as I have no room on it for music and streaming would kill my data plan (even though I have a Sirius sub and app on the iphone) but once again for anyone who wants to try this, the genuine apple 30pin to lightning does work.
Rob Snyder
Byram Township, NJ
2010 1700 Voyager
stambdw
Current bike(s): 2014 Voyager 1700

Post by stambdw »

I am using it, but am having problems. On rough roads, it shakes loose and eventually disconnects and about half the time I start the bike, it forgets the ipod is attached and I have to open the pocket, unplug the ipod (nano), then reconnect and THEN it works.

Stewey
vazqueztony
Current bike(s): 2010 Kawasaki Voyager

Post by vazqueztony »

ninjarob wrote:Went looking through the old posts first but noticed most of the ipod threads are now gone?

Anyways, I bought a new nano (7th generation) to replace my 5th generation one which happens to work with my new boat ipod interface where it now has a new home (got all that? lol) When I opened it up today, I noticed the new nano uses the same connection cord as my iphone 5, the lightning connecter. Obviously going to be a problem here with the Voyager!

So my question is, has anyone out there used this with the Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter before I spend the $40 for it? Supposedly based on the reviews only the Apple cable will allow charging and music flow but of course some people are reporting their docks, alarms clocks, etc. aren't allowing music. Anyone have this ipod or one with the similar connector? I would think Kawasaki would have to change the ipod adapter sometime in the future as it seems as though most all the ipod models are going to this connection.

Thoughts? :hmm:

I did it bought this cable in amazon works great

http://www.amazon.com/Exclusives%C2%AE- ... s=30-8+pin

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”