Oregon Chapter

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

rickpeton
Current bike(s): 2013 voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Oregon Chapter

Post by rickpeton »

hello everyone I guess I am the new guy, I have enjoyed reading some of the post and I am looking forward to reading more the only question I have is there a reason we don't have a Oregon chapter or even one in the northwest ? Stay safe and have fun Rick
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Oregon Chapter

Post by debron »

I suppose there are a few reasons:

1. Not many Oregon AVA members (7 now with you)
2. Oregon members are spread throughout the state from Salem to K Falls, to Rogue River, Roseburg.....
3. A chapter must have at least 5 active AVA members
4. Lack of interest in forming an Oregon chapter......

But it could be done.

There used to be a chapter in the Seattle area, the Cascade Voyagers, but their numbers dwindled over time until they just faded away. There also used to be an Idaho chapter but when our former chairman left the AVA he took those members with him and formed his own independent club in Idaho.

I'm a member of the NorCal Voyagers and ride down to California now and then to join their rides. There is one other member in Salem that I haven't met, maybe we could occasionally all get together for our own rides.
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
rickpeton

Post by rickpeton »

Sounds good it does not take much talking for me to go for a ride maybe some day there will enough rider to start one in this area someday
Bob in Tucson
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): Voyager XII

Post by Bob in Tucson »

Hello rickpeton. I would encourage you to not let logistics get in the way of you joining the closest club to you. My buddy Charlie and I live in Arizona and belong to the Enchanted Voyagers out of NM, and the Lone Star Voyagers. It's an excuse to take a long ride when anything is going on in either group. Funny thing with the Enchanted Voyagers is that out of a total membership of about 20, there are only two members who actually live in NM, while most of the rest live in Az, Tx, or Ok. But we still get together and have great rides and fellowship!
Bob
rickpeton

Post by rickpeton »

I have thought about that as well I think the NorCal chapter would be somewhat close to my location
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Rickpeton
NorCal Voyagers are having the Leaf Peeper ride that'll be close to you. Oct 17-19, 2014, on Oct 17 we'll meet in Redding, CA, then on Oct 18 ride highway 299 to Eureka, then on Oct 19 everyone heads home. Yes were always looking for someone to join us on these rides.

Salem to Redding is about 300 miles.
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
rickpeton

Post by rickpeton »

OK I dont know if I can get away as of right now but if I can I will be there
Eagle76
Current bike(s): 2013 Vulcan Voyager 1700
2003 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Post by Eagle76 »

Bob in Tucson wrote:Hello rickpeton. I would encourage you to not let logistics get in the way of you joining the closest club to you. My buddy Charlie and I live in Arizona and belong to the Enchanted Voyagers out of NM, and the Lone Star Voyagers. It's an excuse to take a long ride when anything is going on in either group. Funny thing with the Enchanted Voyagers is that out of a total membership of about 20, there are only two members who actually live in NM, while most of the rest live in Az, Tx, or Ok. But we still get together and have great rides and fellowship!
Bob
Hi Bob in Tucson -

I'm new here, as I recently purchased a new 2013 Voyager as a nice two-up bike for my wife and I when she's feeling lazy and not wanting to ride her own. She rides a Vulcan 900 Classic and I also ride a Vulcan Drifter 1500, which is set up with a single saddle.

Have you ever considered joining up with the Phoenix Vulcan Riders? Although also not in Tucson, we're much closer than New Mexico (!) and have several Voyager riders in our ranks. We're a large group (60-70 members), but as with all groups, have much fewer "core" members. Our monthly rides usually attract 20-25 bikes. I'm the VP - check us out at http://www.phoenixvulcanriders.org

Gary
kjsett
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII
2009 Suzuki Vstrom DL650

Post by kjsett »

Eagle76 wrote:
Bob in Tucson wrote:Hello rickpeton. I would encourage you to not let logistics get in the way of you joining the closest club to you. My buddy Charlie and I live in Arizona and belong to the Enchanted Voyagers out of NM, and the Lone Star Voyagers. It's an excuse to take a long ride when anything is going on in either group. Funny thing with the Enchanted Voyagers is that out of a total membership of about 20, there are only two members who actually live in NM, while most of the rest live in Az, Tx, or Ok. But we still get together and have great rides and fellowship!
Bob
Hi Bob in Tucson -

I'm new here, as I recently purchased a new 2013 Voyager as a nice two-up bike for my wife and I when she's feeling lazy and not wanting to ride her own. She rides a Vulcan 900 Classic and I also ride a Vulcan Drifter 1500, which is set up with a single saddle.

Have you ever considered joining up with the Phoenix Vulcan Riders? Although also not in Tucson, we're much closer than New Mexico (!) and have several Voyager riders in our ranks. We're a large group (60-70 members), but as with all groups, have much fewer "core" members. Our monthly rides usually attract 20-25 bikes. I'm the VP - check us out at http://www.phoenixvulcanriders.org

Gary
Family Family membership is for a Kawasaki Vulcan motorcycle family. Two people may ride one motorcycle, or may ride two separate motorcycles, but one must be a Kawasaki Vulcan. Annual = $35 :corn:

Got that off the website. Now my wife and I qualify because of 97 Vulcan, but don't know if you consider someone with a Voyager only would meet requirements (first i heard of this club).
Time available is an issue, but considering check your club out.
Blessings,
Ken
If You Can See Me - There I Am
Ken & Shelley (Harley the dog now in heaven)
Ken - '03 Voyager XII - Shelley - '97 Vulcan VN800A
formerly: 1965 Honda CB50; 1972 Honda CJ350; '80 Suzuki GS450L; '79 Yamaha XS1100;

Return to “General Chat”