Oxford Heaterz grips

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Voyagyn 2014
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager
2005 Drifter 1500
2014 Voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Oxford Heaterz grips

Post by Voyagyn 2014 »

I can't find anything showing how to install oxford heaterz grips on the Voyager 1700. I bought the Cruiser type. Took it to a shop and they are saying the wire end has to face up because of interference. And that they had to cut the throttle grip cover off and use the original tube. Can anyone help with pictures and installation instructions? The shop isnt done and they are closed mondays. If you can send any information you may have asap I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Corey
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Oxford Heaterz grips

Post by HMB Don »

Reading your post and then going to the internet to look at those Oxford headed grips Cruiser. It sounds as if the Dealership is installing them like I did on my Voyager 1200, ten years ago. The thing I would warn about it when they connect the hot wire, DON'T CONNECT STRAIGHT TO THE BATTERY! They Voyager 1700 has an ACC outlet behind and to the left of the Radio. This way when you turn off the key the heated grips get turned off. They have to remove the left speaker and left pocket to gain access to the ACC outlet.

On my Voyager 1700 I used the Heat Demon heated grips. Also on my wifes Goldwing Trike I used the Show Chrome heated grips. I'm attaching pictures
Attachments
Show Chrome heated grips, clutch side on Goldwing
Show Chrome heated grips, clutch side on Goldwing
Show Chrome heated grips, throttle side on Goldwing
Show Chrome heated grips, throttle side on Goldwing
Heat Demon w/grab on grips, throttle side on Voyager 1700 wires are much smaller then Oxford so I can place them out of view.
Heat Demon w/grab on grips, throttle side on Voyager 1700 wires are much smaller then Oxford so I can place them out of view.
This is the Lo/off/High heat switch on my Voyager 1700, I did have to make a custom wiring harness
This is the Lo/off/High heat switch on my Voyager 1700, I did have to make a custom wiring harness
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
Voyagyn 2014
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager
2005 Drifter 1500
2014 Voyager
Been liked: 0

Post by Voyagyn 2014 »

Don;
What about the accessory leads behind and to the right of the headlight when looking at the bike? Will they work?
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Yes, now enjoy the heated grips. Get out and ride in the cold.
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”