Setting the Time

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2020 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Setting the Time

Post by SteelTherapy »

Hi,

I have a 1985 Voyager. The Clarion head unit for the sound system is AWOL. I didn't have it when I got the bike. Is there any way to set the time on the dash display without the head unit? Also, does anyone know where I can get a function Clarion stereo head unit?

Thanks,

Gabe
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Setting the Time

Post by Van Voyager »

Not sure what you mean by 'head unit' - are you referring to the tape deck? They're often available on eBay but not clear if any of them would actually work.

The clock is run out of the AM/FM receiver unit and the time can be set using buttons on the audio control panel. IIRC, press and hold the two 'Frequency Adjust' buttons, then press the UP/DOWN rocker switch, UP to set the minutes, and DOWN to set hours.

SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster

Post by SteelTherapy »

Sorry, head unit is a car term( as I understand it) for the receiver/controls for a radio. I'm missing what you showed in your pic. It's just an empty compartment.
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer

Post by Van Voyager »

Ahhh, OK, I see. Well, the fact that you have a clock (assuming you're seeing the time) means the radio is actually there in the fairing. Control panels are regularly for sale on eBay. I caution you against overpaying - I think the audio bits are reasonably reliable (all cassette deck issues aside - and even with the cassette, it's the drives belts that go and they're still available from Clarion - at least they were recently) - and most of these Voyagers get 'chopped up' i.e. audio stuff removed, or entire bikes are parted out so there's an over supply of audio bits and they're often on auction for years.
SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster

Post by SteelTherapy »

So far, I've found them for between $135 and $150. In my opinion, kinda expensive for just setting the clock.
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer

Post by Van Voyager »

Here's two for $75 with free shipping and includes some other audio system stuff (and a headlight fail over module - at least I think that's what it is): https://www.ebay.com/itm/86-KAWASAKI-VO ... SwSz1evr85
SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster

Post by SteelTherapy »

Thank you!

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”