Idle speed problems

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

jjamison
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Idle speed problems

Post by jjamison »

Hey guys, occasionally my idle speed after a cold start will be anywhere from 2000 to 3100 rpms. It may stay that way for a several mile trip to work or even longer or it may drop to normal after a few miles. It will just drop to normal like you left off the throttle when it does go to normal. The ECU does have the "Ivan flash".
Any thoughts??
Jeff
ragergreg
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki Voyager, 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1972 Kawasaki H2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Idle speed problems

Post by ragergreg »

I had mine flashed by Ivan when I first bought it, that solved the same issue it sounds like you are having. How recently did you have the ECU Flashed? I know he released an update not to long ago for the ECU, if you contact him and tell him what it is doing he will re flash with the newer software or correct the problem if it is an ECU issue for no charge besides the shipping. Go to about 16 min in and you can see where that corrected that on mine. I've done some online digging before flashing the ECU, looks like probably a fuel cutout from the ecu or a timing issue. Hope that helps out a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UziCMPvcl8

Greg

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”