LED accent lights

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Blaporte
Current bike(s): 2013 Voyager 1700 ABS, 2005 M50, 2017 Ninja 300
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

LED accent lights

Post by Blaporte »

I'm thinking about putting some LED lights on my bike. Me and my wife were out riding at night and another bike passed us with some white lights on his bike. It really made him stand out in the dark. Does anyone have some on their bike? If so, what kind do you have and where did you mount them? Is getting the Bluetooth LED's better so you don't have to keep up with the key-fob thing? Pictures would be great. Thanks in advance.
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Re: LED accent lights

Post by Mr Jensee »

The only LEDs I have on my bike is a pair of LED driving lights and an LED Headlight. When I would ride at night (it has been a while) I was well noticed.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
JimMoo
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2017 Kawasaki Voyager
Ivan ECU Flash
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JimMoo »

You mean something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/AMBOTHER-Motorcy ... 296&sr=8-1

I have thought about this for dusk when people are having trouble adjusting.
GrandpaDenny
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): Temporarily none.
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by GrandpaDenny »

I have LED driving lights and a third brake light that steadily flashes when on, as well as flashing LED brakes lights. All turn signals are LED. I tried the LED headlight a couple of times and didn't like it. Yes, it was bright as hell and definitely visible, but it seemed like the light scattered all over the place except directly in front of me. So I went back to halogen, a higher-end Sylvania, and it has a beautiful flat-topped rectangular pattern like a good projector LED headlight does, and it's very bright. My new driving lights just arrived, I'm going to put them on, well, one of these days lol. The old ones are six-LED inline, very nice, but don't last very long. The new ones are tiny, I mean like teeny tiny, have dual beams - low beam yellow, high beam white, and an awesome flat pattern. Soon as the three-way switch (the electricians amoungst us know they're not three-ways, they're SPDT but anyway...) arrives I will put them on. I'm hoping I can do the wiring change without pulling the fairing apart, just snaking in the new wiring, but we shall see. I'm using the existing driving light wiring (has a relay) to feed the three-way switch.
Dennis Fariello
Philadelphia, PA
2000 Voyager XII "Gertrude" - deceased

South Jersey Retreads
Patriot Guard Riders
Warriors Watch Riders

Voyager XII Manuals:
https://amervoyassoc.org/zg1200manuals.php
mayhem8
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2003 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by mayhem8 »

My bike had some additional driving lights installed when I bought it and they mounted them so that they shine through the air vent openings in the fairing. Not sure if they're LED or not. I don't generally ride the bike at night in any event.
ragergreg
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki Voyager, 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1972 Kawasaki H2
Been liked: 0

Post by ragergreg »

I did mine, added a switch so I could turn on or off, I'd suggest running on a Key on just incase you forget. See What you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgD3J1pQWE

I could have done some more, but I don't want to go for the Xmas tree bike, but It is nice at Night just for more visibility.

Greg

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”