Stuck spark plug

Got a tech tip for Voyager 12's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Bulldogx11
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 94 KAWASAKI VOYAGER X11
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Stuck spark plug

Post by Bulldogx11 »

Hi trying to change plugs ,wires and new caps. The plug under the cruise control is stuck been useing pb blaster for like 3 days seems like it almost want to move but im scared to strip it . I kno if it comes loose to go back in forth ,dont just muscle it out. Any advice will be much appreciated. And the wires going into coil i see a spike up there , so you screw the wire in just like the caps? And how far do you put oring on wire? Thank s in advance for any help
triton28
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 1987 ZG-1200 B1
1987 ZG-1200 B1
1990 ZG-1200 B4
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 234 times

Re: Stuck spark plug

Post by triton28 »

Can't help with the stiff resistance of the plug itself, other than to say you appear to understand the physics of stuck plug removal, ie; back and forth continuously with penetrating fluid, and If you can find it, Kano Labs "Kroil " penetrating fluid may help.
But I can relate to the o-ring. Once you have twisted/pushed the braided steel plug wire onto the steel spike in the coil body as far as it will go then the o-ring slips onto/around the plug wire and is compressed against the shoulder of the coil body by the plastic screw down weather proofing cover nut. The o-ring will set it's position automatically when you screw down the cover nut to the coil.
Then you can screw the plug cap onto the end of the wire and repeat 3 times for the other wires.
Dave
Bulldogx11
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 94 KAWASAKI VOYAGER X11
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bulldogx11 »

Thanks Dave good advice . Plug still stuck ! Was doing the wires on number 2 and 3 coil. and took out both wires got side tracked and now with my old memory cant remember which wire goes where. I am 95 percent sure #2 is in back of the coil toward engine and #3 is in front . Does anyone know if this is rite? Thanks
cushman eagle
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): '99 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1958 Cushman Eagle restoration has been finished,and have put 3030 miles on her!
Has liked: 810 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by cushman eagle »

Yes,Bulldogx11,that coil will fire #2and
#3 together,the other coil fires #1 and #4 together.
Pistons 1and 4 travell together,and 2and 3 run together. :thmup:
'99 Voyager VXII,'58 Cushman Eagle

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”