Soooo, what exactly happens at a rally?

Discuss your plans for your trip and meet up's here. Have a question, ask it here. Keep all posts and topics specific for this form only!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Heavy Armor
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Soooo, what exactly happens at a rally?

Post by Heavy Armor »

Dumb question I'm sure, but exactly what do you DO at these rally's? I mean, I've looked at a lot of photos, but I don't really get what's going on. Riding, obviously. Eating. Some touristy stuff. But is it scheduled? Is everything planned throughout the day, or is it just like a hangout and you make stuff up as the day progresses?

Can you tell I've never been to a rally of any kind? :bat:

Blairsville is actually not far away at all from me, just under an hour and a half, so I'm really interested in giving it a shot.
Scott-(Altoona, PA)
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 121 times

Re: Soooo, what exactly happens at a rally?

Post by Scott-(Altoona, PA) »

Cliff, what I can tell you is that at the few I/we have attended there are scheduled group rides (self and guided) to points of interest, lunches, and at times just scenic rides. There are bike games, and light parades and shows with voting on best bike/trike/combo in various classes. Some do plan make their own plans and go off on their own. Some will just stay to the lodge/hotel or meeting grounds and B/S, while others may spend time relaxing in the pool or at the bar for a bit. There are evening dinners (welcome and last night with awards) also.
I'm sure I missed a few things, but they are a blast!
OH, and most importantly, meeting on-line friends for the first time and others since the last time you saw them.
Mid-Atlantic Voyagers chapter secretary {"scribe"}
2001 Voyager XII
We may not know them all, but we owe them all! Thank a Veteran today!

Return to “34th Annual AVA Rally Blairsville, GA. June 17th - 20th 2024”