How do I adjust the brake pedal height

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

leghorn1956
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2001 kawasaki voyager 1200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

How do I adjust the brake pedal height

Post by leghorn1956 »

Now that I have lots of attention, what I ment to ask earlier ; is how to adjust the brake pedal height on the voyager.

JP

Your Subject line was edited by the admin
triton28
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 1987 ZG-1200 B1
1987 ZG-1200 B1
1990 ZG-1200 B4
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 234 times

Re: Free sex ....

Post by triton28 »

JP;
other than the pedal adjustments outlined in Section 11- Brakes-page 8 of the Motorcycle Service Manual there is NO other adjustment.
However, having said that there are 2 situations where one might feel as though the lever needs to be adjusted.
The first is if there is still air in the rear brake line/caliper. I have found that bleeding the rear brake of air is best accomplished on the side stand as opposed to on the main center stand as the inside top surface of the caliper purges air best when the bike has a lean on it.
Second, if there are any score marks/corrosion of the rear master cylinder bore OR, if the edge/s of the rubber master cylinder piston are weak or degraded then brake fluid can/might be bypassing the rubber piston seal and not pushing the fluid forcefully enough.
Both of the above 2 situations may lead one to believe the lever needs to be adjusted.
Just a thought,
Dave
leghorn1956
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2001 kawasaki voyager 1200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Free sex .... or not...

Post by leghorn1956 »

Thanks Dave.
I got the info . What has to be removed to access the push rod adjustment nuts .I'm also going to make sure the dots line up on my pedal and shaft.
JP
triton28
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 1987 ZG-1200 B1
1987 ZG-1200 B1
1990 ZG-1200 B4
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 234 times

Re: Free sex ....

Post by triton28 »

Section 7- page 7 of the MSM covers that.
One thing I have found is that the spindle for the lever needs backing up when the brake pedal bracket has been reinstalled in order for the lever to be mounted onto the spindle.
I use a Stanley brand carpenter's "Wonder Bar" from underneath to press/pry against the rear of the spindle and hold it out enough to install the rear brake lever onto the spindle.
Dave

Return to “General Chat”