wimpy horn

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

rockford
Current bike(s): 2010 Voyager 1700
1979 KZ 1000st
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

wimpy horn

Post by rockford »

Kawasaki builds a killer cruiser and can't spend the money on a real horn. Come on!!!!! Just installed a Wolo Bad Boy Dual Tone Air Horn Model 519. Killer!! Had to drill extra hole in stock bracket, short pig tail from stock wiring, one cable tie, 20 Minutes. Done. If you can get the right angled female spade wire ends at the horn end of your pig tail, it tucks the wiring up under the fairing nicely. No more wimpy horn cruiser.
Ride On!!!
MVA-Voyager
Current bike(s): 2011 Voyager

Re: wimpy horn

Post by MVA-Voyager »

any pictures of the placement?
MisterMike
Current bike(s): 2010 VN1700

Post by MisterMike »

I hid a pair of FIAMM "Freeway Blasters" in the unused space in the top of the lowers, used the crash bar as ground. Wired to the original horn, which I kept.

Very loud =0)

Mike, Bloomington, Illinois
JimMoo
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2017 Kawasaki Voyager
Ivan ECU Flash
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JimMoo »

MisterMike wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:40 pm I hid a pair of FIAMM "Freeway Blasters" in the unused space in the top of the lowers, used the crash bar as ground. Wired to the original horn, which I kept.

Very loud =0)

Mike, Bloomington, Illinois
I loved my two tone horn. People hit there brakes and then looked. With the wimpy horn people keep moving forward while they look!!! I will be installing a new horn.

I assume you jumped at the horn connections with a piggy back connector. Did you use any in-line fuses in case of heavy draw?

Pictures would be great.
ragergreg
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki Voyager, 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1972 Kawasaki H2

Post by ragergreg »

Try this out, I put a Strebel Air horn on my VN1700. I went the extra mile and mounted under the Cowl, but you could easily mount up under the front where no one would see it. It's not a train air horn but let me tell you, the Myrtle Beach Golfers can hear it just fine... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uE0VcQ1--g

Greg

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”