ZN1300 AM FM receiver

Got a tech tip for Voyager 1300's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

ZN1300 AM FM receiver

Post by Van Voyager »

Pulled the AM/FM receiver from my 86 Voyager today to see if I could figure out why the 'seek' function no longer works (and the up/down tuning from the control console no longer works). It was all working but at one point last season, it stopped working. The radio appears to work (although I can't tune it but I'm picking up the last station it was on - or was picking up the last station before I disconnected the battery) and the Clock/Radio display and the AM/FM, and local/Distance buttons appear to be working but the UP down (frequency or clock adjust) buttons and the memory buttons are not working.

Unrelated to my problem but I noticed that the 'mute' wiring harness connection (red 3 pin, two wire, flat connector) was labelled with a ''Mute" and a "3" while it's mating connector was labelled with a "Mute" and "2". Does anyone have a Voyager AM/FM receiver sitting on the shelf and could check the label number on that red connector?
jorgeno
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): Kawasaki ZG1300 1986
Kawasaki ZN1300 1986
Suzuki GS1000G 1982
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: ZN1300 AM FM receiver

Post by jorgeno »

Will this help?
Attachments
89EBAF35-FD12-4098-BFFF-99EB74405BBF.jpeg
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: ZN1300 AM FM receiver

Post by Van Voyager »

jorgeno wrote:Will this help?
Yes, 3 going to 2 - same as mine! Thanks for checking. Somebody goofed!

In any case, I got mine all put back together and everything works - turns out I had a faulty 'Memory' switch in the control panel which was preventing any of the other non-'flip-flop' gated switches from working. I removed the offending switch and everything works.

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1300 Six”