Voyager 1300 vs Voyager 1200 Helmet Locks

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

Voyager 1300 vs Voyager 1200 Helmet Locks

Post by Van Voyager »

Anyone happen to know if the 1300 and 1200 helmet locks are interchangeable? They look the same or similar (as far as I can tell) but I'm pretty sure they have different part numbers although that could be due to a difference as simple as surface finish (i.e. paint).
TheFalcro
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1986 KawasakiVoyager ZN1300-A DFI inline six cylinder
(NOT A VOYAGER XII ZG1200-A1 carbureted inline four cylinder)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Voyager 1300 vs Voyager 1200 Helmet Locks

Post by TheFalcro »

Van Voyager wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:43 pm Anyone happen to know if the 1300 and 1200 helmet locks are interchangeable? They look the same or similar (as far as I can tell) but I'm pretty sure they have different part numbers although that could be due to a difference as simple as surface finish (i.e. paint).
I do not know the answer but I am wondering why you are asking. Do you need Helmet locks for the ZN1300-A??
Life is not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Van Voyager »

Yes, I'm looking for one helmet lock (left side? - I don't think there's a difference between left and right). For some reason my 86 came with only one lock. Lock doesn't need to have a key as I'm planning on re-keying it to match my keys (assuming that it can be re-keyed).
TheFalcro
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1986 KawasakiVoyager ZN1300-A DFI inline six cylinder
(NOT A VOYAGER XII ZG1200-A1 carbureted inline four cylinder)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by TheFalcro »

Van Voyager wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:34 am Yes, I'm looking for one helmet lock (left side? - I don't think there's a difference between left and right). For some reason my 86 came with only one lock. Lock doesn't need to have a key as I'm planning on re-keying it to match my keys (assuming that it can be re-keyed).
I am not using either of mine I just removed them yesterday from the framing of the saddlebags both are working and they do appear to be the same. shoot me an email. maybe we can get something off your wish list :LAngel
Life is not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”