1986 ZN1300 fuel cap

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

TheFalcro
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1986 KawasakiVoyager ZN1300-A DFI inline six cylinder
(NOT A VOYAGER XII ZG1200-A1 carbureted inline four cylinder)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

1986 ZN1300 fuel cap

Post by TheFalcro »

Hello all I am glad to be here. I have just aquired a 1986 Voyager ZN1300-A it has been sitting and needs some love. Currently I am disassembling to clean up, check wiring, remove mice etc..... I have managed to get all locks freed up and working with the exception of the fuel cap. I was able to get the cam actuator on the top to turn but it feels too easy to turn and the latch finger inside the lip of the fuel tank is not releasing. I am looking for suggestions before I start drilling, for getting it open in a manner that will preserve it I am super frugal as I am disabled and evey dollar counts. Thank you all in advance for your time and suggestions.
Life is not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride
Van Voyager
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1986 Kawasaki ZN1300 Voyager
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: 1986 ZN1300 fuel cap

Post by Van Voyager »

Sorry, I'm not currently at home to see how my cap attaches but I think it's the same cap as a KZ1300 - and I think you can tap out hinge pin - at which point you can remove the stuck cap to disassemble and clean the lock bits which will probably bring it back to working order.
TheFalcro
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1986 KawasakiVoyager ZN1300-A DFI inline six cylinder
(NOT A VOYAGER XII ZG1200-A1 carbureted inline four cylinder)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 1986 ZN1300 fuel cap

Post by TheFalcro »

Thanks for the encouraging information. Today was my last day of dry weather for a few days , For now I am working on it ouside. I have time for you to peek at yours when you get home as this is back under a tarp for now. Supposed to get a dry spell the beginning of next week. Thanks again
Life is not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”