1985 Voyager Sale Value

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2020 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

1985 Voyager Sale Value

Post by SteelTherapy »

Hi There,

I have a posting regarding getting an inherited bike running again. I need to get the estimated value of the bike because the title hasn't been transferred to me yet. It was "inherited" but not by a family member. In Michigan, you can only transfer the title with $0 sales price to relatives. So as this was free to me I need to come up with a DMV reasonable sale price for the purpose of paying sales tax.

The bike is a 1985 Voyage with 5,800 miles. Non-running at the moment. Rust and flaking paint on the tank, one rear view mirror broken.

What is a reasonable price for the bike? KBB shows $2,500 for fair condition with typical mileage. This obviously has less than typical mileage but it's currently not in "fair" condition.
tunnelz
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 99 voyager xii
90 electra glide
67 electra glide
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 1985 Voyager Sale Value

Post by tunnelz »

A suggestion. Have the person with power of attorney from the estate make out a bill of sale for a reasonable price. A non running bike is only worth the price of parts. A wild guess might be 3 to 5 hundred. If that is not an option take it to two different cycle dealers for written appraisal. Good luck.
SteelTherapy
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2020 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by SteelTherapy »

Thanks. I told the DMV that the value was $500 and they didn't have any issues. $30 in sales tax.
tunnelz
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 99 voyager xii
90 electra glide
67 electra glide
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by tunnelz »

Sounds fair. Pleased to know it worked out for you. Also noticed on your other posts that you were able to get it running again with minimal problems. Cool.

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”