Definately an UNDERRATED MACHINE!!!!!

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

JimMoo
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2017 Kawasaki Voyager
Ivan ECU Flash
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Definately an UNDERRATED MACHINE!!!!!

Post by JimMoo »

I just returned from a 2,000 miles trip from Rochester, NY to Charlotte, NC (with a side trip to Deal's Gap). Previously I have travel only on the interstate through Virginia and W. Virginia. Getting off the interstate and traveling the old routes (220 N) was an amazing experience. I was loaded up with too much gear and she was awkward at times but smooth as silk when it came to handling on and off the interstate.

Sadly, Deal's Gap was a life threatening disappointment. I ran the Gap and was almost run off the road by crouch rockets not willing to let me travel at the speed I needed to for personal safety. Honking and surrounding my back side while yelling until I could find a straight away long enough to move over. Not to mention the 20 race cars coming at me when i came a round a corner dong 60 mph or more!

It was Saturday Night at the races with 50cc motorbikes in the parking lot!. I had never seen it before...what a site. 20 adults on modified mini bikes racing around cones and speeding down the straightaway easily reaching 60 mph!

At any rate....I am going back to North Carolina in the fall and will spend less time on the interstate and more time in the valleys. Here in NY the mountains are hills, beautiful in there own way. Coming North on 220 through Virginia along Jefferson Creek was on of the best rides I have ever taken! Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway for 100 miles was another great day! Being my first long trip, I mailed back 1/3 of what I took once I realized I wasn't using it. AirBBs were only $10-$15.00 more than campsites so I will be dumping the camping gear next time!

Happy Riding and Stay Safe,
Jim
These users liked JimMoo's post:
cranky (Sat May 22, 2021 2:37 pm)
Rating: 12.5%
Bulldog59
Current bike(s): 2021 Voyager "Gunner"
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Definately an UNDERRATED MACHINE!!!!!

Post by Bulldog59 »

I agree with your assessment. I too just returned from a 10 day, 9 state and 4000 mile trip throughout the southwest. From southern Arizona to Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and back home. Bike was totally loaded and it did great in all weather!
Bulldog
Bulldog
2021 Voyager
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Definately an UNDERRATED MACHINE!!!!!

Post by HMB Don »

Fantastic, to read about your adventures on 1700s. Seems like most of your trip was good and I agree that US220 is a fun road
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”