Ride In to Flagstaff Route 66

Discuss your plans for your trip and meet up's here. Have a question, ask it here. Keep all posts and topics specific for this form only!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

the2knights
Board Member
Board Member
Current bike(s): Current 1999 Voyager XII 1993 Voyager XII 2005 Harley Road King
Past 86 Voyager XII Honda SilverWing Honda CB900Custom Suzuki GS1000 Yamaha 80
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 8 times

Ride In to Flagstaff Route 66

Post by the2knights »

This is just a continuation of something we started last year. We rode from Springfield, IL to Springfield, MO over the course of 2 days. This year we will get to pick up right where we left off in Springfield, MO. We will be in the same city as last years rally to meet but a different motel.

On Wednesday, June 15, we will check into the Best Western Rail Haven motel in Springfield. This is the oldest continuously operating Best Western and it is located right on Route 66. The room have been updated nicely and there is a nice covered area we can gather and meet. The phone number is 417-866-1963 and the cost is $74.99 plus tax (includes breakfast). Ask for the American Voyager Association rate.

On Thursday, June 16, the first day of travel will take us to the Best Western El Reno on the West Side of Oklahoma City. Stops for the day will include the infamous Blue Whale and Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum. The Phone number for the Best Western El Reno is 405-262-6490 and the cost is $67.00 plus tax (includes breakfast). Ask for the American Voyager Association rate.

On Friday, June 17, we will travel to the Best Western Discovery Inn, located in Tucumcari, NM. Stops along the way include lunch at the Big Texan, the Mid Point Café and a ride through Shamrock, TX that has several old Route 66 motels. We will have to venture out after dark in Tucumcari to catch some of the old neon signs. The phone number is 575-461-4884 and the rate is $100.00 plus tax (includes breakfast). Ask for the American Voyager Association rate.

On Saturday, June 18, we will travel to the historic El Rancho hotel in Gallup, NM. Stops along the way will include the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, Clines Corner and stops on route 66 in old town Albuquerque. Once again we will have to get out a little after dark to check out the great signs and Neon in Gallup. The El Rancho is a beautiful old hotel with a great history that has updated rooms. There is also a fun outside bar with plenty of room so we can all gather and celebrate our last stop before Flagstaff. The phone number is 505-863-9311. The cost is $98.00 plus tax (breakfast not included but restaurant on sight). Ask for the American Voyager Association rate.

On Sunday, June 19, we will have a shorter ride day into Flagstaff so we can get ready for the Rally starting on Monday. Stops along the way will include Winslow, AZ (standing on the corner).

I am sure you noticed a lot of stops at Best Western motels along the way. Part of the reason for this was to take advantage of the points you can receive for each nights stay including our time in Flagstaff at the Best Western Pony Soldier Inn. Over the last couple of years it has become more challenging for the AVA to negotiate cheaper hotel rates compared to just a few years ago. One thing we were able to do at the Best Western in Flagstaff was to not only get a competitive rate for 2022 prices, but even at the group rate each individual will still be able to acquire points if you are a Best Western Rewards member.

You are welcome to join us for all of the trip or any where along the way. I will be putting a post on the AVA Website Forum with all of the info as well. Please let me know what days you will be traveling with us. The email address to RSVP is route66ridein@gmail.com
These users liked the2knights's post:
cranky (Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:01 pm)
Rating: 12.5%
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Ride In to Flagstaff Route 66

Post by HMB Don »

Just made my reservations for the ride. If want to have an eight day rally, come on the ride.
These users liked HMB Don's post:
the2knights (Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:56 pm) • Highway Rider (Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:14 am)
Rating: 25%
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
usmalenurse
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1997 Voyager 1200
2016 Honda Goldwing
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by usmalenurse »

We will try to meet up with you at Oklahoma City and finish the ride in from there. At least that is the plan right now...
These users liked usmalenurse's post:
the2knights (Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:25 pm)
Charles Hairr
1997 Voyager XII
2016 Honda Goldwing
VoyKimmer
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2002 Voyager XII
1996 Voyager XII
Been liked: 98 times

Post by VoyKimmer »

I will also try to meet up with you near Oklahoma City. Will try to make Springfield MO my first day but no guarantees but OK is doable.
These users liked VoyKimmer's post:
the2knights (Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:25 pm)
VoyKimmer
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1996 Voyager XII

Post by VoyKimmer »

I’m going to do the whole trip and trying to make my reservations at all,the best western hotels but none of them heard of the American Voyager Assoociation and don’t have the rates Ken quoted. They are asking a lot more.
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Kim,
ask them for the Ken Knight block. I had the same problem.
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
VoyKimmer
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1996 Voyager XII

Post by VoyKimmer »

Thanks Don , that worked for one hotel and another worked fine but Oklahoma had no clue so I spoke to the manager and she agreed on the price Ken quoted . Anyway can’t wait to see everyone in Springfield MO to extend our rally for an additional 4 days. Going to have fun.
the2knights
Board Member
Board Member
Current bike(s): Current 1999 Voyager XII 1993 Voyager XII 2005 Harley Road King
Past 86 Voyager XII Honda SilverWing Honda CB900Custom Suzuki GS1000 Yamaha 80
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by the2knights »

Thanks for posting and having success with getting room rates. I have talked to a couple of managers and everyone is having so many staffing issues I think sometimes the info just doesn't gat passed along or saved correctly. Glad using my name made it work out!! Look forward to seeing you all!!
usmalenurse
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1997 Voyager 1200
2016 Honda Goldwing
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by usmalenurse »

Booked our rooms today and just booked the El Reno online at the BW site for slightly better rate. Didn't have any problems with the Discovery Inn and the lady was familiar with the AVA rate. The El Rancho was different story but he reserved the room and said we would just match the rate when I arrived and he did not request a CC to hold. He is supposed to email me a confirmation number so we will see... Still plotting my course to get to Oklahoma City and making plans. Will likely ride the 'Wing as the trailer hitch and wiring all arrived yesterday. Just got to tear into it and get 'er done now.
These users liked usmalenurse's post:
the2knights (Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:39 pm)
Charles Hairr
1997 Voyager XII
2016 Honda Goldwing

Return to “32nd Annual AVA Rally Flagstaff, AZ. June 20th - 23rd 2022”