about to buy a 200 model

Got a tech tip for Voyager 12's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

grumpy72
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2013 vstar 650
99 shadow 1100
93 voyager 1200
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

about to buy a 200 model

Post by grumpy72 »

My 93 if I had infinite money, time, and patience could be god as new but I dont. So I found a 2000 with title that has everything mine doesnt. Easiest way to go about it. The more I read about the voyager, not the new ones, those are ok if you want a dependable harley, but not for me. But with the power, torque, ujm inline 4, except for its watercooling, hydraulic valves, alternator, its too bad nothing modern compares to it. And they look like a 1985 goldwing. I hate windjammer fairings, I have owned 11 goldwings, 4 of them 1500s. The 1500 is too heavy, and you cant see the marvelous engine. I had a 2000 model was absolutely perfect and i traded it for a honda v twin. Huge mistake. I have a little v star for around town. The voyager is so dang heavy. But the gas being down low I imagine helps with center of gravity.My question: I assume parts interchange between the 93 and 2000 model. I can see no way to mount highway pegs, is there a way? Last question, do any of you own more than one voyager?

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”