2000 VFR800
1999 CBR1100XX
1986 ZG1200
Permitted to maintain the Missus' Ninja 1000LT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

1986 Voyager complete for parts Chicagoland

Post by Cherryriver »

I took in a 1986 Voyager 1200 with only about 3000 miles from an estate sale a couple of years ago.
The seller is a friend so it was pretty easy. It was his father-in-law's bike, and was in Florida until being moved up here.
It was, as the saying goes, running perfectly when parked. But then the gentleman passed away at some point.
The bike had not run in a good 15 years or more. I went after the carbs with negligible success and some of the other issues but life changes happen and I'd like to get the bike into new hands.
The bodywork is all there and in generally very good condition. I did dump the oil when I got the bike and cranked it over to get the new stuff into place before going further. It has spark.
There were some electrical mods done I didn't care for and I removed what I could.
I purchase a few new parts including a fuel pump (even though the original seemed workable) and that S-shaped fuel line, which had broken up from age.
As far as I can tell, the fuel tank seems okay, although I haven't actually scoped it.
The seats are fine.
About the only thing that isn't great (apart from those dang carbs) is the mufflers have some surface rust. I haven't made an attempt to clear it off, and I don't know how deep it goes.
Included is a factory shop manual.
There is a Florida title signed by the estate executor, I believe the gentleman's daughter. Since it came from a known source, I believe it to be usable for transfer.
I'd like to see if I could get $300 out of it, much less than I have into it.
It's safe in a storage unit in Romeoville, Illinois, about 25 miles southwest of Chicago.
Thanks
Bill
ZG1200 current 2-12-22.jpg
right rear stripped.jpg
ZG in storage.jpg
Attachments
ZG12 stripped day two.jpg

Return to “Part for sale”