Throttle Sensor Adjustment

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Voyager 1300 Six-Cylinder.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

addonii
Cruiser
Cruiser
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Throttle Sensor Adjustment

Post by addonii »

I picked up a 85 Voyager in early Nov 2009 and started going over it and it is in surprisingly good condition. Since I have worked on motorcycles on and off from 1970 I have a sizable tool locker with many special tools for the bikes I own.

I have gone over to KZ1300.com and followed David Ewing’s suggestions on the CCT, coils & several other items, for the most part I have little to do on the bike now except for new brake lines, a new battery & to wait for Spring and go out riding.

One final item that should be done between now and the Spring and that is to follow the suggestion in the AVA TECH center to adjust the Throttle Sensor yearly.

Problem here is that the Kawasaki Throttle Sensor Adjustment tool # 57001-1003 is no longer available from Kawasaki.

Any idea where I can get one at a reasonable price – is there an alternate part/tool/method that will work to do it right?
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 223 times

Re: Throttle Sensor Adjustment

Post by Me Again »

Join this site and ask the same question.
Someone probably has the tool ,but more than likely you will a discription of how to make the adjustments using tools you already have.
Welcome to the world of the 1300

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1300Voyager/
onegunguitar
Cruiser
Cruiser
Been liked: 0

Re: Throttle Sensor Adjustment

Post by onegunguitar »

When I had my 1300 I bought the Colortune kit which seemed to work well,it lets you see what color the flame is in the combustion cylinder.We were heading to Florida from Pa. and got side swiped on I-77 in NC,but I had kept tracked of my fuel mileage on the way down prior to our accident and running highway speeds and 2 up it was getting 36-37 mpg with 93 octane fuel,I was extremely happy with that!! I found my Colortune kit on ebay for about $70. If you go this route,all you have to do is put the plug in the cylinder,start it up and loosen the TPS and turn it either direction and you will see the flame change color,the manual with the kit explains what color you are shooting for.
1999 Voyager XII

Return to “General - Voyager 1300 Six”