Trailer wiring

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Steve Worley
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Trailer wiring

Post by Steve Worley »

This letter is to let you know that if you want to hook up a trailer behind your bike, it is relatively simple. I used a Hoppy (Hopkins Ind.) #46365 powered converter from my bike to a harbor freight trailer. I installed LED lights on the trailer using a LED kit from Auto Zone, costing $50.00. The powered converter cost me $80.00. The hookup was simple. All lights working great. A website I went to said to use a Hoppy Powered converter #46255. I did and it did not allow for brake lights to work. I called Hopkins Ind. and they said that #46255 converter won't read the lights from the bike to the trailer, that I should use #46365. I did and it works beautifully. I painted the trailer to match my blue/black 1700. I used a Marvellas trailer hitch, which was easy to install. It mounted better and looks better, very unobtrusive hidden hitch. Happy riding.
jaynes
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1999 Kawasaki Voyager
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Trailer wiring

Post by jaynes »

I too bought a Harbor Freight trailer and made it into a camper. I am interested in the wiring. Steve, do you have pictures of your trailer and light setup?
Jim Loiselle
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): None
Been liked: 0

Re: Trailer wiring

Post by Jim Loiselle »

Steve,

We sure would like to see you post a few pictures of your rig.

:clap: Jim

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”