Ride to Ripley 2010

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Freaky_1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Ride to Ripley 2010

Post by Freaky_1 »

Thanks to Carl Leo, looks like we'll get to ride to Carl Leo's. :thmup:

What could be a better first real ride on the voyager?

She won't be shined and pretty-fied, and she won't have everything working (mainly speedometer/cruise), but she'll be going. :-D
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

I will be arriving Saturday mid morning from my week spent in AR. Staying at the Super 8. Riding home on Sunday. Tom should be with me if plans work out.
2010 Voyager 1700
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Chris near Kansas City »

Scott, Rick, Pam and I should be rolling in Thursday evening. Pam and I would like to make a BBQ run to Memphis for either Friday lunch or dinner. See you all in a couple of weeks!
"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

"If a man made it, a man can fix it." - Steve in Sunny Fla
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Jerry Z and I will be arriving Fri afternoon. I thought it was 1500 miles to Carls, after Jerry said check mapquest It's a bit more. 2100 and change so we will leave on Tue and do some fun days on the road.

Because of this I've been going to the gym a bit more this week. I don't want to miss out on a free meal (Chris). But most I really enjoy being around Voyager riders. My Brother inlaw Bob will be driving in from North Carolina and should arrive on Fri.

Summer has arrived on the coast of Northern Calif. Today the high is to be 71, seems like all summer the temp was in the low 60s. If anyone wishs to come out west this is the time of year to do so. The Ocean is nice and blue with no sea breeze.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club
AVA Member of the Year 2010
2002 Voyager
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
Semper Fidelis

Post by Semper Fidelis »

I've got a recommendation for an early dinner Fri night in Memphis. For 8 years in a row we attended a motorcycle club rally in Memphis. Did different things each year like stop and see Carl at the Kawasaki shop, Sun records, Peabody hotel lobby to see the ducks..and we always had ribs at the Blue City Cafe on Beale St. Not a big name place or big name price, but ribs are simply outstanding. Just a thought. Walked it off with a stroll down one side of the street and up the other...was fun to gauk at the people and take pics in front of famous places...BBKing, Hard Rock Cafe. The womem used to spend hours in the Schawb department store...one of those places that if they make it, the store has it.
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer

HMB Don wrote: I don't want to miss out on a free meal (Chris).
I promised.

Dennis, my intention is the BBQ Shop. Ate there on our way back from Bowling Green in '08 and my coworker (former boss) has been there 7 or 8 times in trips to where his daughter is going to college. I turned him on to the place and now, sadly, he's been there more times than we have. I really, really, need a BBQ Shop fix, LOL. But I will be at Carl's all day Saturday.

Chris
"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

Jim Loiselle
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): None

Post by Jim Loiselle »

Getting ready for the ride to Ripley with new seat and rack.
:gig: ImageImage
Jim
NavMode
Current bike(s): 1986 Voyager Xll

Post by NavMode »

Jim,

That is a Great looking Trike. Leave room for Semper Fidelis and me when you park. The 86's should look pretty nice sitting together. :thmup:

I should be arriving Friday early afternoon. Going to leave out 0'Dark Thirty on Weds to try the 1500 IronButt again, stopping in Athens, AL right after the 1500 mi mark to catch some Z's and visit one of our grandaughters. It's the long way around from Iowa to get 1500 mi but I'll catch KY, AR, TX, LA, MS, AL for new states, and then TN on the way to Carl's. On the way back we want to cross by ferry at Hickman then hit part of Route 66 from Rolla to Pacific, MO. Should top off a Great weekend.
http://www.world66.com/community/mymaps/visitedStates
Lowell & Donna
1986 Kawasaki Voyager

Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price.
Benjamin Franklin
carl leo
Guru
Guru
Current bike(s): 96 voyager zg1200
76 kz900 LTD
60 NSU supermax

Post by carl leo »

anyone making reservations at the super 8 be sure to let them know you are on the "ride to ripley" the manager is giving ride to ripley guest a special rate of $50 per night. anyone preregistered will also be given this discount, see you then............leo
:Cball
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Anyone that is heading to Carl's and would like to spend a night in Horseshoe Bend, AR on the way, I have a spare bedroom and pull out sofa from Wednesday night through Friday night. Send me a PM and I will give you the specifics.
2010 Voyager 1700
vxiirider
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): 2002 1800 Goldwing Trike
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by vxiirider »

I am riding down with Jim Loiselle and we plan on getting to the Motel 8 on Thursday. This will be the last trip for my '03 before she's turned into a trike.
John Ramsay
Charlotte, Michigan
'02 GL 1800 Goldwing Trike
It's the journey, not the destination
metric
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by metric »

Ok we're all set... the hotel reservation are made at Super8 from Thursday to Sunday morning... and yes we are driving its hard to let a year old baby home so we are taking her with us in the van. We never been to Memphis or Ripley so Friday we want to try some good BBQ place in Memphis, and Saturday we're going to Carl's place...We'll see you all there...
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"
02VoyagerXII AVA#5443
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer

Well, should I ask if people want to make a BBQ run to Memphis on Friday lunch, or Friday dinner? I was planning on going for lunch, but if there are others that maybe will be getting in on Friday afternoon, I could do the BBQ shop run for dinner instead. Takes an hour or so from Carl's to Memphis.

Carl should have Saturday's meals planned. BBQ of course.

Freaky_1

Post by Freaky_1 »

We'll be the seriously unprepared fellers on the blue (93) that's in need of some serious cosmetic work.

I really don't have anything planned out, other than making it there and staying the night of the 8th and leaving sometime on the 9th. If things allow, perhaps a day sooner or a day longer, but who can say. lol

In other words, can't say to expect us for any given thing in particular. By the nature of my job, I might be well set and I might be broke :Cball

Most likely we'll just stick around and visit where we can :thmup:

Frank
suzib6sw
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): '86 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Post by suzib6sw »

Dont Worry Frank.. will bring the lint free cloths and the polish ;-)

Just need the elbow grease..

Pete

I81S , I40W On Friday
Pete
Want MP3 or GPS Mods to the Voyager Radio or have a Broken Radio or CB? Call me 540 391 0884 or Carl
https://sites.google.com/site/voyagerradiorepairs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1986 Voyager XII
metric
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by metric »

Hey Chris...
We are thinking to go for lunch on Friday too...than we have time to go round town after...
and Saturday we go over to Carl's place.
BTW... should we bring something to Carl for BBQ or he is all set...
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"
02VoyagerXII AVA#5443
suzib6sw
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): '86 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Post by suzib6sw »

Every time ive asked Carl, he says he's all set..
Not sure about drinks though.. I've dropped him an email just to check.
Last I heard , he had 80lb of BBQ :-)

Pete
Pete
Want MP3 or GPS Mods to the Voyager Radio or have a Broken Radio or CB? Call me 540 391 0884 or Carl
https://sites.google.com/site/voyagerradiorepairs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1986 Voyager XII
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer

Lunch would probably work better for us too, since I'm not sure when everybody would be getting into town and I'd hate to wait around and miss a chance for the BBQ Shop. Carl should have everything under control for grub on Saturday. I think there will be a donation jar to help cover the cost of the food on Saturday. Other than something for the jar, you don't need to bring anything. 80 lbs, eh? That's a sizable increase over last year's bounty. Sweet! Drinks should be no problem.

Chris

Neal
Tourer
Tourer
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager, 2002 Voyager

Post by Neal »

Leaving here tomorrow afternoon, with a quick stop-over at a friends on the way. See you there Friday evening.
Dealer for all Air Rider products, and Nolan helmets and headsets.
Semper Fidelis

Post by Semper Fidelis »

Emily and I will leave the northwoods of Wisconsin in the dark, in the car, around 5 AM on Friday. Should hit the motel 13+ hours later. Anxious to meet everyone.

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”