Preping the Time Out for De Gray

Use a trailer for M/C camping, storage, or hauling your bike? Need some wiring advice, brand or model advice? Here's where you want to be.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 81 times

Preping the Time Out for De Gray

Post by HMB Don »

It's almost time for the AVA Rally in De Gray. Today I found that the plug for the electric cooler, had broken. I need to pack the wheel bearings, retorque all of the bolts through out the trailer. Installed new tires last year before the Rally, they still have good tread left. Not much work to do, but I'm getting so exictied I just have to share.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club
2002 Voyager
AVA Member of the Year 2010
AMA Charter Life Member
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 94 Voyager XII
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250
Been liked: 0

Re: Preping the Time Out for De Gray

Post by Okie34 »

Every spring, I get my trailer down to the RV shop and have them repack (or replace as needed) the bearings. I try to get in a couple of trial camping runs before any long trips. This year I was able to come up with a system that helps keep the tent on trailer a little more stable in breezy conditions. Now if I could find some telescoping tent/tarp poles that are worth a hoot!

My little Aspen Sentry is pretty well loaded out and ready to roll. I'm looking forward to getting to DeGray and meeting so many I only know from here or voices on the phone. As a bonus, I'm hitting my class reunion the weekend prior to the rally! Now if I can only keep enough $$$ to make it down there, around there and back home!

-- JD
phill12
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by phill12 »

JD, when will you be going down? If you and Bruce are going maybe we can meet up here in Tulsa and ride down together. I can't leave until Monday. Call me or text me!

Phill :clap:
Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250

Post by Okie34 »

I'll be leaving Coffeyville, Ks. Sunday morning and getting to Degray that evening. Something like a 350 mile run. I'll probably head south on US 169 to OK 20 then across to Arkansas. I may cut south the Talahina and take the Talimena Drive into Arkansas too. Haven't decided yet. Will really depend on how well I recover from the class reunion!

-- JD
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

NorCal Voyagers had a camp out this past weekend. Took the time out load, everything was good. Repaird the plug on the 12v cooler and in 90 degree temps it stayed at 39 degrees inside the cooler. Did find that the left tail light has a loose wire it will be repaired by this weekend.

We leave Half Moon Bay, Ca on July 02, planning to get to the camp ground on the 8th of July. You'll see the large NorCal Voyagers banner. Taking CA 88 to US 50 to I 70 two hundred miles to Grand Junction Colo. then back on US 50. US 285 south into southern Colorado, then Taos NM over the mountain to Las Vegas NM. There's a back road to Tucumcari NM. This year trying to stay on two lane roads.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club
2002 Voyager
AVA Member of the Year 2010
AMA Charter Life Member
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
jaynes
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1999 Kawasaki Voyager
Been liked: 2 times

Post by jaynes »

I am leaving on Saturday the 9th from Fayetteville, NC. If anyone is going my way, let me know.

Jim
Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250

Post by Okie34 »

Don,

I was looking at your route. Unfortunately, I can't think of a "good" way to get across the "Great Expanse". That is, from The Rockies to the Ozarks. I'm assuming you're grabbing I-40 at Tucumcari?

I would suggest that once in OKC, get on US 270 and stay on it until you get to the Intersection with US 259 south of Heavener. Just a few more miles is the Talimena Drive. Take this (Ok-1) into Arkansas and hook up with AR 8 in Mena. Take this to AR 84 in Amity, then on to De Gray Lake. about 90 miles.

Enjoy the trip!

-- JD
Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250

Post by Okie34 »

Too bad I'm heading up to Kanas prior to heading south! Otherwise, sounds like I could meet up with a bunch of folks in OKC and go that way!

Safe trip everyone! Nutcases are all over the roads and I don't mean just the 4 wheeled variety either!

-- JD

Return to “Trailers/Trailer Tech”