Alternative Rad Guard that looks Good.

Got a tech tip for Voyager 1300's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Old Nyk
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 1984 Kawasaki ZN 1300 Voyager.

1966 Triumph T100ss

1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Alternative Rad Guard that looks Good.

Post by Old Nyk »

My ZN1300 came without a Rad Guard so i've been searchin for one and all the ones i have found are Black,looks like Plastic ?.Searched E-Bay,as usual :hmm: and came up with a Triumph Speed Triple Beowulf one in Stainless Steel,approx 14 X 8 inches and Boy does it look good :hpdc: ,it has a nice solid strip in the middle as well so you could put Decals on it or even your Handle. just a bit of modification to the Brackets top and bottom to make it fit,only had to bend the bottom ones back and then slightly convex the bottom of the Guard,bend it inwards a little so it just squeezes over the bottom Rad lip and then it drops in a treat !The top two brackets need to be bent back slightly and then they snugly slide up behind the top rad bracket.Much nicer to look at than the black ones.Anyway,hope someone may find this tip usefull :thmup:Image
Jolly Good Show.All the best from Old Nyk in the U.K.
Born Again "OLD" Biker !
My Bikes.
1966 Triumph T100ss --
1984 Kawasaki ZN 1300.Voyager
1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD.

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1300 Six”