Nuther seat question.

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Fooch
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): Proud owner of a Blue 2011 Voyager.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Nuther seat question.

Post by Fooch »

Looking to replace our 2011 Voyager seat and get a backrest. We have a local shop, http://www.asweetseat.com, that will replace the stock foam with 3-5 inches of memory foam for about $425. They guarantee your comfort. They're recommended by a few known folks. But there's a Mustang, wide touring seat, with backrest, for about $650, http://www.mustangseats.com/Product.aspx?ID=1557. I just measured the stock seat and I believe the measurements are about the same as the Mustang, 16" front, 12.5" rear. But I don't know what the Mustang seat has for padding. Not even sure if it's a 2 piece seat or how the backrest is configured.
The memory foam seat sounds nice and I can add the Grasshopper backrest.
Looking for opinions.

Also looking for opinions on the taller rear seat backrest. Any negative things about it? Is the gel one better? Gotta keep momma comfy.
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Nuther seat question.

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Hey Fooch. if you have a custom seat maker near you I would go with that option if he will keep at it until you are happy. My experience with memory foam is that it continues to compress throughout the day and eventually you are sitting on the pan. Of course there may be different densities of foam that this person will be using.

The title says the Mustang is a one piece seat as is the Corbin, but you might want to check on that.

I liked the Grasshopper but it was too low and dug into my wife's thighs so I couldn't use it when she was riding with me. I ended up with the Kawasaki backrest.

She loves the taller backrest. Some folks say it gives you a little less room but that is not an issue for us.
2010 Voyager 1700

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”