Victory Vision Test Ride

Own something other than a Voyager? This forum allows you to more easily find non-Voyager articles.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

bresna
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Victory Vision Test Ride

Post by bresna »

My wife & I walked into HK Powersports in Hookset, NH today to check out Victory's bikes.

The word on the Vision is that you either love it or hate it. We walked in and my wife said, "Ugh. That's one ugly bike". :)

Truth be told, I liked it, but I didn't like the slow speed maneuverability. There is very little room for your feet to maneuver at parking lot speed. I could barely get the thing to move backwards at all. I can't imagine trying with a little hill. Your legs hit the rear wheel bump-out in about 4 inches. My legs aren't long enough to spread them out to do anything more than that. You must feel like Fred Flintstone when you back this thing up. This bike design screams for a reverse gear.

They also had a 2008 Kingpin Tour. Nice bike. I doubt it would really "tour" though... unless "touring" is driving a couple of hours total. But I may go back and take one for a ride.
Bob in ND

Post by Bob in ND »

I also test rode a Vision and really liked it. It is very smooth, powerful and handled very well. It fit me much better than a Gold Wing....more room. I'm waiting to try for new Voyager before I pull the trigger on anything.
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

I looked at a Vision recently at a local dealership. I have to admit it was pretty impressive in an Art Deco sort of way. If I had unlimited funds, yeah I'd own one just because it would draw a crowd where-ever I'd park it. Victory has come a long way in a few years and the fit and finish on it look as good as HD, IMHO. Alas, I only have a one car garage! :gig:
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Chris near Kansas City »

You should be able to park 4 bikes where that one car is. :wnk2:

Like this:

"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

"If a man made it, a man can fix it." - Steve in Sunny Fla
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Mr Jensee wrote: Alas, I only have a one car garage! :gig:
...and Harbor Freight sells a motorcycle dolly that lets you roll the bikes around the garage, so you could fit 6 in there no problem.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=95896
2010 Voyager 1700
venus76084
Current bike(s): 2010 VV 1700 Red/Black
Wife's 2010 HD Tri-Glide Ultra Black

Post by venus76084 »

I have not ridden the Victory because it does not appeal to me and it is too expensive. I have owned 3 wings and 2 HD electra glides and found them to be very comfortable, however the last wing(97) was too bulky and both HD's gave me problems that the HD shops could not fix. I went back to ridding Vulcans and have enjoyed them since. I now ride an 07 Nomad (24,000 miles) and I have a deposit on a new Voyager. For the money it is the most bike you will get. The Voyager XII line of bikes were an exceptional value and that is why people still love them 6 years after production stopped. Each person should ride what fits them or their wallet best. When the new Voyager comes in and I get to ride it a little, I will either trade in my Nomad and buy it or keep riding the Nomad if I do not like it.
Jim
Blue Knights Texas V
2010 VV 1700 Red/Black
(Wife's) 2010 H.D. Tri-Glide Ultra
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

Chris near Kansas City wrote:You should be able to park 4 bikes where that one car is. :wnk2:

Like this:

Oh, good Lord! :oh:
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
Scott-(Altoona, PA)
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Scott-(Altoona, PA) »

Not sure but I think Chris is starting his own Voyager XII musuem!
How long till the lift is installed so you can load up the rafters? :hmm:
Mid-Atlantic Voyagers chapter secretary {"scribe"}
2001 Voyager XII
We may not know them all, but we owe them all! Thank a Veteran today!
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Chris near Kansas City »

If you lay them on their sides, they stack pretty well.
"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

"If a man made it, a man can fix it." - Steve in Sunny Fla
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Scott-(Altoona, PA) wrote:Not sure but I think Chris is starting his own Voyager XII musuem!
Can you say 'obsession'? :gig:
2010 Voyager 1700
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

I got to ride a Victory Vision on the 29th at Tracy Motorsports, in Tracy Califorina. There were a few things that I wish the Voyager had, that the Vision has. Quite pipes, smooth engine, thats all, because after all of the miles I've ridden my Voyager I now know what I want in a V-Twin.

Wind protection Voyager, Power Voyager, Speakers Voyager, Tires Vision E 3s stock, Top Heavy Voyager, Shifting Voyager, Heat off engine Voyager, Note there isn't much wind protection for the legs on the Vision. Electric windscreen, ok but even in the up position I got a lot of wind. Of course I have a Clear View Shield on my Voyager, which makes a big difference with the wind, like no wind on the face. And last the Vision has no stock heel and toe shifter, this is a must on a touring motorcycle.

This was a 20 mile test ride with Interstate, two lane, plenty of turns and rolling hills. Was able to get the Vision up to speed 85 and hold it there for a few miles, smooth but the floor boards were just a shak'n, wind around the windshield. Then engine was smooth, the six speed transmission was good. When we got to the two lane road, it handled good and with the E 3 tires stock, stanless steel brake lines stock. I was able to get into the turns hard with lots of lean angle. Size of engine Voyager 103 vs 106 power has to go to the Voyager. One thing I've learned about the V-Twin engine is that you have to use the Transmission alot like when riding a 2-stroke engine.

The Trunk on the Vision was nice and big, just like the Voyager, the Vision has a 12 volt plug in the trunk. The saddle bags small, the Voyager wins hands down. But the bags on the Crossroads were what the Voyager should have, about the same size outside but with lots of room inside and the latch system was much better then the Voyager. But thats taking two bike to match the Voyager 1700.

It was a fun ride, I was told that you can buy different Cams to install in the Vision.

Met one Vision owner who might become a NorCal Voyager Member. So the demo ride was a membership drive and ride.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club
AVA Marketing Director
2012 Voyager 1700 22k
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
DennyPotoczky
Current bike(s): 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
2010 Voyager 1700

Post by DennyPotoczky »

I have test driven the Vision also; But I prefer the Victory CrossTour. In fact, it might actually be my next tour bike. Saddlebags are huge, a lot bigger than the vision. trunk holds a lot. Lots of extras. Styling is a little more 'standard' than the Vison - which I don't particularly care for. I especially like the model with the lowers and tour package on it.
It has all the pluses of Victory, without the Buck Rogers look...
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

DennyPotoczky wrote:I have test driven the Vision also; But I prefer the Victory CrossTour. In fact, it might actually be my next tour bike. Saddlebags are huge, a lot bigger than the vision. trunk holds a lot. Lots of extras. Styling is a little more 'standard' than the Vison - which I don't particularly care for. I especially like the model with the lowers and tour package on it.
It has all the pluses of Victory, without the Buck Rogers look...
Test ride one in a good cross wind before you decide. For me the front end felt heavy with that big handlebar mounted fairing on it. Personally I think the Voyager is a better looking bike than both Victory touring models, but I think the Victory chassis is better put together. Fit and finish. Don't know anything about their drivetrains and reliability.

I like the modularity of the CrossTour. Parts can be stripped off for local cruising and added back for touring with the optional quick release brackets.
2010 Voyager 1700

Return to “All Other Brands General Forum”