Daytona, picture perfect ride.

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1988 Voyager XII
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Daytona, picture perfect ride.

Post by gearheadfla »

Went to Daytona for Bikeweek last Saturday. We got up at 5am and was out the door by 6, still dark when we started, Rode out of Ft. Pierce Fl north on A1A along the beach in time for the sunrise.
Made a stop in Vero Beach to watch the sun come up. Temp was a little cool but nothing a long sleeve tee couldn't handle. We made our way north on A1A and got in Melbourne around 9ish and our bellys was complaining about food.
Hit the food button on the G.P.S. and ended up at a Denny's for breakfast. After we fill our tanks with the Grand Slam and coffee we hit US1 north to Daytona, that's a nice ride along the river for a bit. got to Daytona and headed to the speedway 1st. Pulled in the speedway and found a parking spot right away.
saw the 2 biggest tires I've ever seen on a motorcycle, the 1st was a front on a Harley, kinda reminded me of the old 20's bicycles lol as you can see it is almost as tall as his gas tank
Then the fattest rear on a crotch rocket ever. Check his tag out.
Then I heard the loudest voice in the lot, lol turned around and it was Bobby from Lizard Lick Towing on T.V.
He is one big tall man, got me to wondering why everytime I see him on T.V. he is taking a butt kicking trying to repo something.
After I picked up some Highway pegs from JP Cycles we headed to Main Street.
Lots of sites there to see, some good, some not so good, (there really should be a weight limit for spandex) lol
Lori and I walked main street for awhile, got some shirts and headed back to the bike. we rode the same route back home and got in around around 9pm. We had a great day, saw somethings that will be burnt in our brains for a long time and the bike ran prefect all day. Can't wait till Oct.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
89 XII-parts bike-scraped
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Patriot Guard Rider, Florida.
Sunshine State Voyagers
Veterans Nation Riding Association
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Been liked: 0

Re: Daytona, picture perfect ride.

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

gearheadfla wrote: Image
Sounds like a great time. I see a Vulcan Vaquero in the above photo.
2010 Voyager 1700
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Daytona, picture perfect ride.

Post by debron »

gearheadfla wrote: ...Made a stop in Vero Beach to watch the sun come up. Temp was a little cool but nothing a long sleeve tee couldn't handle...
Geeeeeeze! We're still getting snow IN MARCH! :cry2: :dm: :cry2:
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”